01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Wrong Decision on Deliveries

I was very disappointed to see the note from the CEO on the Wine Society website that the decision has been taken to close deliveries (I agree entirely on the rest).

This seems to run directly against the governments guidelines to keep off licenses open.

Coronavirus: Off-licences added to list of ‘essential’ retailers https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

The Wine Society is a pillar of Britain and uniquely positioned to step up at the moment to provide contactless deliveries. To take the pressure off of and derisk the spread of the virus in physical off licenses or super markets. And to prioritize members - or even extend to non members - who are essential and key workers.

With safe measures for delivery drivers and warehouse staff, it would also be very doable to manage down any risk to staff. And minimize any interaction with customers in the interests of all.

This strikes me as a mid judgement and missed opportunity to step up. But in fairness things are moving very quickly and there is plenty of uncertainty. So we are all making the best decisions we can and need to revisit them regularly.

Is there a chance to reconsider the decision?

Thanks,

3 Likes

Hello Peter, as you now transferred your post to the other thread, I am closing this topic, so it all comes under one thread/topic.

1 Like