01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Wineries in Gard region of France?

I wonder if any members can recommend good wineries and wine that is grown in the Gard region of France? Particularly not too far from Uzes?

In the late 1990’s and early millennium I imported wine from www.laudunchusclanvignerons.com
The wines that sold well for me were as follows…image

I cannot speak for recent vintages but I’m sure you will find something worth the effort

Also keep a lookout for. Costieres de Nimes…you should be able to good examples in red, white and rose… mind I must declare an interest, Nimes and Preston are twinned

I loved Chateau de Rozier but have a feeling it might have shut up shop now. Or perhaps changed names? Not very helpful, sorry!

Yes I really enjoyed what might have been their second wine. Mittifiot Chateau de Rozier 2007. But they are now sold nowhere in world according to wine-searcher

Thanks @onlyawino I have never been there, but I can see they are very popular wines

IGP wines near Nimes
I was looking for IGP wines in the Cevennes wine region (the bit in green) within the Gard. Not that famous I know but some talented people are discovering the area

I think I have 1 or 2 bottles left of the 07 (Mittifiot was the top cuvee). I think that was Louis’ last vintage and I was told that the new owners were going to carry on but perhaps they changed their minds. Ah well!

Well lucky you it’s delightful! Shame the new owners didn’t continue. I guess they are selling their grapes to some other winery now?