Well…on the telly anyway.
I’ve watched a good few documentaries and information programmes on wine recently on YouTube and I was wondering if the WS had ever produced something similar?
If not then I think it would be excellent for the WS to produce a film – There could be few other organizations with such good networks to gain access to some real juicy content!
It could be
- Oz and James May-like for a particular region or varietal with comparison and contrast between regions
- Fly on the wall-like with a year in the life of a producer
- More business such as the state of the wine market – What we are buying, how much are we drinking, taxation, trends etc
- A history of the British and wine – Must be plenty of good anecdotes (See “Order, Order! The Rise and Fall of Political Drinking” by Ben wright)
- More technical – How to make wine, types of wine, how to serve, posh vs high street
I this would be a fab idea, either as many shorts or a feature-length documentary.