To copy and keep for summer
I’ve taken the following from last summers American Wine Society newsletter
Baskin Robbins Culinary Team in collaboration with Rosenthal Malibu Estates Wines developed this guide to pairing several ice cream flavours with types of wines.
• Pinot Grigio or Grenache Blanc with Vanilla: The buttery flavour of the ice cream brings out the crisp, green fruit notes in the wine.
• Riesling or Gruner Veltliner with Pralines 'n Cream: The praline pecan and caramel flavours pair well with the apple notes of the wine.
• Rosé with Rainbow Sherbet: The citrus and berry flavours bring out the floral, fruity notes in the wine.
• Pinot Noir with World Class Chocolate: The silkiness of the ice cream complements the vanilla and fruit notes of the wine and rounds out the mouthfeel.
• Chardonnay with Old Fashioned Butter Pecan: The sweetness of the ice cream complements the honey, buttery and oaky notes in the wine.
• Cabernet Sauvignon with Jamoca® Almond Fudge: The robust flavours of the cabernet bring out the nutty, coffee notes of the ice cream.
• Sauvignon Blanc or Albariño with Raspberry Sorbet: The fresh raspberry flavour brings out the crisp accents and refreshing quality of the wine.
• Merlot with Chocolate: Chocolate rounds out the mouthfeel of the merlot.