01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Wine Champions 2021

The Wine Champions will be announced on 13th July.

How much does this event influence your buying?

It won’t. No hype on the forum or website makes me buy too much wine. Honest.

(that’s why my purchases outnumber consumption by a ratio of 3:1 so far this year)

8 Likes

Not me, but I should not say never.
I wasn’t, (seriously interested in the Bin# Series) yet ate my words with the Tasmanian PN.
So let’s see. :dragon:

2 Likes

I’m always interested in reading these types of champion things, whatever the source. Will it influence my buying? Nah.

2 Likes

Not at all. I regard it as a sales push.

I don’t rush out and buy them, but I do think the various Wine Champions can be good candidates when I’m looking to try something different. So I’m less likely to buy one from a region/style I’m very familiar with but useful when looking to do some exploring!

6 Likes

I will usually put together a case from the Wine Society choices so it definitely prompts me to buy a few bottles.

2 Likes

Plenty of Champions

3 Likes

Wow! Is this a first Heidi Schröck wine on TWS list…?!

Heidi Schröck & Söhne ‘Wine Champion’ Blaufränkisch, Burgenland 2020 - Bestsellers - Popular - Offers - The Wine Society

Whatever the answer, in the basket it goes pronto! :partying_face:

5 Likes

One of my very favourite wines, a new vintage and a total bargain. Great to see that the pros agree. A case straight into the basket.

3 Likes

To be honest @Templeton I can’t drink a bottle of this any longer without thinking about your review last year. I’m tempted to get another case too.

1 Like