01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Wine Champions 2020

No formal announcement as yet, but there is a Sauvignon Blanc mixed case available that looks as though it has slipped the net.

More to come shortly, I have no doubt.

6 Likes

You guys don’t miss anything! :joy: Two more Wine Champs are going to be revealed at this Friday’s Instagram Live too, with some background info on how the competition works etc. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With 8 bottles of Marlborough in it… :thinking:

4 Likes

I see that the mixed case has the Grove Mill that Pierre mentioned on Friday night.

Sav Blanc and wine champion is an oxymoron right?

6 Likes

Ah, but you’d say that about any white, no…? :wink:

3 Likes

And one being the Society’s White Bordeaux?

I know it’s actually excellent, but declaring yourself a wine champion? :thinking:

3 Likes

I think it’s done by blind tasting

3 Likes

Hope they’re not all SB yucky yuck yuck.:confounded:

4 Likes

Yes it is! So it’s more of a nice surprise/feeling of vindication to see Society-label wines in there rather than smug self-congratulation. :wink:

4 Likes

The blind tasters clearly have a taste for Marlborough fruit.

5 Likes

Who cannot tell it is a Marlborough SB even in a blind tasting… :wink:

4 Likes

Who cannot tell it is a Marlborough SB by just sniffing it :rofl::wink:

5 Likes

If you just sniff the only thing you can tell is that a bottle of Marlborough SB is open in the room…

8 Likes

@szaki1974 that’s a very sniffy thing to say about my beloved NZ SB…this thread is making me feel beleaguered

10 Likes

I am truly sorry @cgoldin that you feel cornered that way

3 Likes

Do people actually drink NZ SB? I assumed it was designed for the cooking pot?

2 Likes

I suggest we merge the Sauvignon thread with this one so we can see the two sides come to blows

7 Likes

There’s quite a lot of unpleasant elitism in this thread, particularly by yourself. My advice is not to worry about what other people enjoy and certainly not to take time out of your life to try and belittle what other people enjoy. Focus on what you enjoy and let other people do the same.

1 Like

I think you may have mistaken my jesting / clowning for serious comment on the merits of NZ SB. Apologies if you have taken it seriously - I genuinely did not mean it to be taken that way.

8 Likes