01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Wine Bottle Cake

Hi all,

Haven’t posted in a while but thought some of you might like this cake that my wife and I made.
The cake was for my Mother in Law who was 70, her married name is Talbot (which luckily has a Château namesake!)
I managed to buy a reproduction label from her birth year and scan it to get it printed on edible icing.
The whole thing is edible, the cake inside the bottle is red velvet with burgundy food colouring, the base is chocolate marble cake with fondant icing sides and grated fondant ‘wood shavings’. The cake board is also lined with wood grain effect fondant icing.
It went down very well, the kids loved it and couldn’t believe it was all edible!

Nice work!

Wow!! This looks fantastic! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
I honestly didn’t understand why you used the word ‘cake’ at first…! Lucky Mother in Law! :smiley:

That is absolutely incredible, if you ever start up a business making and selling these please let me know so I can get an order in :grin:

It did cross my mind to go into business doing them - I couldn’t figure out a good enough delivery method, but maybe I’ll give it some more thought!

Wow, this is absolutely amazing - serious baking skills right there!

WOW!! Do you take commissions? :joy:! Seriously that is some cake. Well done to your wife and you on this masterpiece! :clap::clap:

I would buy one

Incredible - I’m sure it was delicious, but I wouldn’t have liked to take a knife to such a wondrous creation.

wow - amazing attention to detail