01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Who wants to try a special new whisky?

I believe they are! :smiley:

1 Like

That is brilliant news!! :+1:
The Society will be able to monitor the bottles and ergo the Members that end up/ sent to the open market.
When we had Early Landed Cognac many years ago, which was acknowledged as being gorgeous, much ended up on terrific restaurants top shelves. There was no control.
The Society became a “low cost vehicle” for top end Cognac into the best restaurants, it should have been solely for the members own consumption. It was the members capital that produced the aged Cognac which was a wonderful resource, that was being misappropriated into commercial outlets.
I would like to see these 2000 bottles take time to sell out, rather than see bottles appear on eBay or online Whisky outlets or even on Auctions, where Society Members end up funding great Whisky for a few to take advantage of and profit. :grinning: :dragon:

1 Like

look forward to sharing the subsequent releases that will be staggered over the next few years to hopefully allow as many of you as possible, to enjoy these extremely rare drams.

:eyes: might just have to buy another bottle now

One for my collection and the other for enjoying :grin::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Not sure that list is complete. I’m pretty sure my local distillery Glen Ord is a highland whisky.

I can confirm that the distillery the whisky is from is …
One of those you have listed.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

See this is interesting :thinking:, I’ve purchased my full allocation, one of which is to be gifted to a very good friend of ours as he loves single malts . Playing devils advocate For a minute, once that bottle is gifted, I have no control over what he does with it . I would like to think he will drink it , but at the point of gifting I no longer own it and if he re-sells it, that’s really got nothing to do with me and I don’t believe members should be penalised in that particular scenario .

3 Likes

I was in 2 minds about this having recently spent too much on wine and whisky.
But I’m weak and couldn’t resist. Ordered one.

2 Likes

I had thought of that.
And I am not going into that scenario. :grinning: :+1: :dragon:

A crack team of Wine Society agents will track you down and take you to their prison island. You’ll hook up with a rag-tag crew of other wrongly accused members and try to escape and clear your name.

6 Likes

Praying for Tenerife !! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The wording in the rules is:

“Members shall not make purchases from The Society for the
purpose of resale.”

I think you’re ok Leah…

It implies that this is the main intent. Therefore I think that someone selling a few bottles years later if their tastes change, or their cellar is too big are likely to be fine too, but if they are sold in the short term, and more than once, I would suggest there is potential for their coat to be on a shoogly peg as we say…

2 Likes

If it is I’ll help come and bust you out/take over a vineyard…

2 Likes

Been to Tenerife which was great but Gran Canaria Anfi Beach Club was brilliant.
A girl friend owned a couple of Easter weeks, fab local restaurants and lots to do. :sunny: :sunglasses: :dragon:

Taganan?? I’m in!! :laughing:

@laura any way to get this placed into reserves?

Open to creative methods!

you will need to call the members service, buy three bottles, and request they put them in reserves
Buying less than three bottles, they will not let you put in reserves unless you obviously create a mixed 12 bottle case containing said whisky bottle(s)

1 Like

I have this at home and can confirm it is sensational

1 Like

I received an email from the society late this morning about this release. I was gutted to find that just before ten o’clock this evening when I tried to order, it was shown as “out of stock”. It seems that to get in on an offer such as this will require one to monitor this forum. I’m not convinced that is what the society intends, but that is how it is.

1 Like

This terrible habit of people buying stuff has to stop!

3 Likes