01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What's on the Society enomatic machines right now?

wiki
showroom

Free samples

White

Red

Paid samples

White

Red

correct as of 25 June 2019

New look, same Society
Showroom fine wine enomatics

There are some really interesting wines for tasting in the showroom enomatics presently that are well worth the trip, if you live locally…

and a Chateau Gressier Grand Poujeaux 2007, Moulis ( £16.50) that I can’t find on-line. TWS notes = A perfumed, charming 50:50 blend of cabernet sauvignon and merlot. A winning combination of a superb Moulis vineyard and the care lavished on it by the same family behind Gruaud Larose, Haut-Bages Liberal, Camensc and Chasse-Spleen.

Both the Corton-Charlemagne and the Sommerberg elicited an audible response from me on tasting. Stunning wines, not that I’m in the market for either !

Hope you don’t mind @Embee, ive moved your thread to this wiki. How was the Mulberry Chardonnay? It’s currently in my basket.

Not at all and thanks for doing so. I should have added it to the existing thread in the first place.

I thought it was very good. TWS notes describe it well. Really nutty flavours with a distinctive taste of Granny Smith apple skin was my abiding impression. I think it would make a delicious companion to white fish in a creamy sauce.

I didn’t think it was in the same league as the Norman Hardie wines previously stocked though. For obvious reasons, I can understand why TWS no longer do so.

A note of caution, I usually need to drink half a bottle before I have any confidence in my opinions !

Hi Embee,

Did you manage to taste the Ashton Hills Pinot Noir and if so what did you think of it? Unfortunately TWS HQ is 200 miles from where I live otherwise I would go myself and have a taste.

I did try it but didn’t take notes at the time. This is what I wrote in the notebook this morning though…

Impossible to assess on a micro-taste. Fuller and more powerfully flavoured than Victorian examples ( the ones I’m used to ) but obviously pinot all the same ( not in dry red territory ). Intriguingly different and evidently classy. Need to try more but this could be great.

Thank you for the notes as I’ll be going tomorrow.

I tried the Mulberry Tree this afternoon: I agree with these notes, and found it a very good attempt at a Burgundy-type.

Less impressed by the Barolo, but TWS notes do say that it should be kept at least 5 years.

I found it difficult to assess too but thought it had bags of potential. A bottle and a long decant might help in that respect but I’d be inclined to leave it until its tenth birthday at least ( if I actually had any ! )