01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What's in your basket? [21 May]

weeklyshop

At some point soon I’m going to grab a few of the 2009 Bordeaux wines I have in reserves and try them out. I got quite a few and assumed they would lay dormant for a while yet but some recent comments have got me intrigued to try them out, so 4x3 in a mixed case is on the horizon. Will it be this week? I’ll let you know. In the mean time, let me know what you’re ordering ths week!

Nothing unfortunately , it’s Mrs O’s austerity you know…but she found enough dosh to take us away to Nerja for 5 days …any recommendations for food and drink (we leave at the crack of sparrows Wednesday)
:innocent::rose::wine_glass:

I have a couple of mates who both have places in Nerja - I’ve asked them for some addresses for you.

My advice would be to take the drive up to Frigiliana - we found better restaurants there than in Nerja, and it has the added benefit of being an absolutely beautiful, classic Andalusian whitewashed village. It’s been a while since I’ve been there, but I would very happily go back. Have a fantastic time!

Please do! In my limited experience, some of the junior (and seconds from the crus classés) are showing well. The spiffier ones no doubt have a long way to go for the most part.

Thank you very much Ewan.:wine_glass:

Thank you Bob, I have a good friend who said the same thing ,but unless there’s a bus service we may not make it . Mrs O had a very bad dose of Aussie ‘flu so she says she is staying not far from the sun lounger…tho’ I think a good menu and a taxi ride might persuade :wine_glass::wine_glass:

Just submitted an order for the following, with the Magnum’s for a Hawkesmoor BYO Monday with some work colleagues at the beginning of June:

Well, there was nothing in my basket (seeing as I just received a delivery last Thursday!!), but with the TWS tasting coming on in June, had decided to secure the two bottles plus some others I’ve been interested in getting. These include: The Society French Syrah, Tahbilk Marsanne, Spätburgunder Rosé Von Kesselstatt, Roero Arneis (really excited about this one), Auzells, Costers del Segre 2017 and the Society Exhibition Haut-Medoc 2014 for the other half.
I think that’s enough for now…! :blush:

There are definitely buses! They take about 15 minutes and cost €1, according to the internet. Taxis will be about 10-15€. Hopefully Mrs O will be up to making the trip - I can assure you it’s worth it!

Since you ask!

The new vintage of one of my favourite warm-weather reds…

…a new Spaniard that I’m hoping might challenge for the above mantle…

…a new belter from the wonderful Katie Jones…

…and, for the ‘don’t touch (yet)’ pile, the lovely but low-stock 2010 Musar

I have recently tasted a wine where the blend was dominated by Lledoner Pelut (aka hairy grenache), also posted about it in this thread. It is the Domaine des Enfants - L’Enfant Perdu. It was delicious.

:frowning:
Waiting for a case of Boizel.
Still working through a fab selection of “off the beaten track” and waiting for the Burgundy EP to come in so I can then get all my in bond reserves delivered. Where are those Burgundies…? It’s nearly June.

They changed the Burgundy arrival to June on the website…

In my basket and getting delivered is mainly wines reviewed in the community.
The top 5 wines from #tws taste
The sparkling Hortas
Madam de Pitray 2009
The society’s rose
Tio Pepe fino en Rama

A repeat order of this lovely cotes du Rhône

I keep meaning to get some wines out of reserves but I am enjoying all these wines from £ 7-15
May leave it to Autumn

Well, all my good intentions out the window as I wave goodbye to my budget following the announcement of the Rose offer. I guess I’ll be joining in the bbq taste after all (at least half of it!)

@tom It is not warm for long enough up here to get a full case of rose
The case looks good though :+1:

My will was broken as I sweltered in my office poring over gdpr. A g&t will have to suffice tonight while I wait!

Don’t rub it in.
There is sea mist over us today and I have a jumper on :scream::scream::scream:

The tasting wines plus a load more from the wish list and a Cote Rotie that Mr jaykay decided to buy using birthday money from his M-i-L! The order in full:

The Society’s Sicilian Reserve Red 2014 Code: WS - IT25131
Muscadet Sèvre-et-Maine sur Lie, Château L’Oiselinière de la Ramée, Chéreau-Carré 2015
3C Premium Selection, Cariñena 2014 Code: SP13121
Terre de Mes Ancêtres, Cité de Carcassonne 2017 Code: FC34211
Côtes de Saint-Mont, Les Vignes Retrouvées 2015 Code: FC33631
Salvaje del Moncayo Garnacha 2016 Code: SP13461
The Society’s French Syrah 2016 Code: RH49971
Château de Lacarelle, Beaujolais-Villages 2017 Code: BJ7561
Rosé Duo des Plages, Vin de France 2017 Code: FC33861
Nero d’Avola La Ferla, Sicilia 2016 Code: IT24381
Château Moulin à Vent, Moulis 2012 Code: CM19631
Côte-Rôtie, Domaine Burgaud, 2011 Code: RH32681