01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What's in you basket? (w/c 6th aug)

weeklyshop

Hi all.

I thought I’d mark this week of wine buying with what i believe to be my 1st (or very most 2nd) bottle of rose… The other half’s idea, though she is a wino of impeccable taste so I’m intrigued. Also on her wishlist is any sangiovese after travels and sampling in tuscany. I opted for a corsican made bottle for a good value and intriguing alternative. I also popped in something from the Jancis Robinson mixed case and also the purely joyous bogle merlot

I got a small order coming at the end of the month.
A Cornalin from Switzerland (never tried one), a couple Vermentino di Gallura (thank you, @Bargainbob!), a delicious Beaujolais from last night’s tasting, Mac Forbes’s RS 19 Riesling which I loved at the press tasting, and a 2015 Pinot from Jean Marc Vincent… Looking forward to them all! :blush:

It’s amazing isn’t it.
You’re just about to go on holidays for a couple of weeks and you have an order in already to be delivered on your return… that’s commitment.

Same story here!! Commitment, obsession… Call it what you will :wink:

Apart from a couple of cases of Rhone from the offer (ex-budget, and straight to reserves!) I’m looking forward to the mixed Burlotto case arriving this week. Its early days in my piedmont education but I do know I’ve enjoyed their wines in the past. If only there was a barolo+red burgundy VCP available :grin: