01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

What to do with Corks?

Hi everyone
I made this a few years ago and it’s still going strong

Cheers
G

11 Likes

We fill our knotholes in our floorboards…

4 Likes

are they all threaded ?

easily have enough corks - but given my crafting ability…not sure have enough time to create before next Christmas :rofl:

1 Like

I stuck them on to a bought wreath using a glue gun. The wreath was made of wicker and spiralled round which help as I followed the spiral with the corks.

3 Likes

im now off to find a suitable wreath and a glue gun! thanks

1 Like

I love this map of Italy.

11 Likes

Cold outside, a few glue guns from Hobbycraft, happy kids.

3 Likes

Next thread: what to do with the weird creations your kids have produced with aforementioned corks?

7 Likes

Omg! They’re really good !! Go sell them at a craft fair ! BUT you will have to drink A LOT more wine to start your sweat shop :rofl:! Well done to the kids though !

1 Like

“Daddy, we’re running out of corks, you need to drink more wine.” Well I wasn’t going to darling but I’ll force down some more claret if it helps you to finish your weird robot thing.

5 Likes

Cork board with a centre piece from the Aussie rellies.

2 Likes

Well, I read a practical use for old corks in a newspaper gardening column.

Use them as supports for flower pots to keep them off the ground thus avoiding frost damage.

3 Likes

But won’t this damage the corks…:grin:

Put them in a glass jar, fill up with white spirit, close lid. Soak for a week or so. Pour spirit in another jar with new corks and repeat process. Use soaked corks as the best firelighters ever.

4 Likes

I might just give that a go :fire:

2 Likes

can confirm that this works brilliantly. I keep those ‘ready to go’ in a jar with the kindling

1 Like

They have a lot of colection partners in the wine trade but the WINE SOCIEty is not amongst them i wonder why?
See

Vedge and herb markers on a satay stick - getting rid of the white plastic …

11 Likes

Partner still on furlough…

11 Likes

bit early for the xmas decorations !

1 Like