01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What’s in your basket: September & October 2021

No problem, a few days of focussed consumption will sort that out!

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy it. The 2018 is fuller than usual.

1 Like

Mixed case from reserves arrived today. Couldn’t resist trying the whites relatively early, but will keep some back for much later.

Will be interesting to try the Ampelia, some have said it needs more time.

DHL delivered safely, an hour earlier than the notification said.

12 Likes

Some Garnacha’s sent to reserves for future enjoyment

4 Likes

I’d been hovering around the El Mondongo for a while. I am severely tempted. I already have a case of the As Ladieras.

1 Like

Sounds painful

14 Likes

Have you tried the Mondongo? I have a sample bottle coming in a few weeks. Hoping it sticks around until then.

2 Likes

No I haven’t. Did some research over the weekend. Was just going to get a few bottles in a mixed case but the more I looked into it, the more I felt it was ‘case to reserves worthy’
Sounds great IMO.

2 Likes

A top up of low stock/on sale magnums.

6 Likes

I’ve got these arriving later today. Combination of previous favourites, some ‘treat’ bottles inspired by community recommendations, and a couple of interesting bin-ends.
Pittnauer Pitti Red, Burgenland 2019
AA3301• 1Bottle £9.95|
Pittnauer Pittnauski, Burgenland 2015
AA3371• 1Bottle £17.00|
Ruppertsberger Hoheburg Riesling Kabinett 2020
GE13781• 1Bottle £7.75|
Coteaux du Languedoc Blanc, Cocalières, Domaine Aupilhac 2018
FC38061• 1Bottle £16.50|
Winkel Riesling, August Eser 2019
GE13881• 1Bottle £10.95|
Bóhorquez Reserva, Ribera del Duero 2010
SP15331• 1Bottle £22.00|

5 Likes

A recent order arrived in Reserves - mainly because I can’t justify having more wine delivered just now:

I wanted the 6-pack of the Duoro (we stayed near Quinta de la Rosa this summer and enjoyed a bottle - interesting to see if it stands up in the drab London autumn) and took the chance to try a couple of other bottles on offer. I know the Blackbook has divided opinion so I’ll be interested to try it.

Jim

4 Likes

Did you purchase the 2018 on TWS?

No, unfortunately not. The 2018 Klein Constantia vin de Constance was offered by Cru World wine about a few months ago at an affordable price.