01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What’s in your basket August, September and October 2022?

Don’t think that a new topic has been started for this period, so here goes, nicely coinciding with some great new additions to the list.

• Cart

Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Reserva Rioja 2010

• Code: SP17701

• 1 Bottle

• £33.00

• Cart

Domaine Drouhin-Laroze, Gevrey-Chambertin Dix Climats 2019

• Code: BU76611

• 2 Bottle

• £84.00

• Cart

CVNE Imperial Gran Reserva, Rioja 2010

• Code: SP11841

• 1 Bottle

• £45.00

• Cart

Domaine Berthaut-Gerbet, Vosne-Romanée 2017

• Code: BU72361

• 1 Bottle

• £54.00

• Cart

Domaine Berthaut-Gerbet, Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes 2017

• Code: BU72391

• 1 Bottle

• £48.00

• Cart

Domaine Tollot-Beaut, Chorey-lès-Beaune 2019

• Code: BU77211

• 1 Case of 6

• £162.00

• Cart

Castel Serranova, Salento, Vallone 2018

• Code: IT34731

• 3 Bottle

• £34.50

• Cart

Bründlmayer Pinot Noir, Langenlois 2017

• Code: AA3221
  • 2 Bottle
  • £50.00

Add to that, a bottle each of the 30 and 40 year old Tawny Ports, from Amazon, and it’s been an expensive month and we’re not even half way through!

23 Likes

Brilliant selection!

1 Like

Tondonia for me too. Case to reserves.

I’d set an alert for when these came in to stock and received the email this morning. Great new feature and good to see helpful new functionality after some of the pain with the website upgrade last year.

Your other choices look superb. I did fall for a couple of Fevre Chablis earlier in the week. Way more than my usual spend but apparently you only live once!

6 Likes

Completely agree and the motto by which, within reason, I currently try to live.

Just to note that I can see that the Society is using the photograph of another wine for the Berthaut-Gerbet Gevrey-Chambertin but having just received delivery, I can reassure others that it is the Berthaut-Gerbet and not the Burguet that I received. There is also no mention of Vieilles Vignes on the label, in case you are looking for this on Cellar Tracker, as I was, when I made the initial purchase. It is the regular Gevrey-Chambertin. I will notify the Society of both, to try to avoid confusion for others.

4 Likes

I have asked for the image to be updated a few weeks ago but nothing so far

1 Like

That’s a shame but I have sent an email, anyway to wineadvice@thewinesociety.com, which seems to be the department that deals with this. The Bouchard Père et Fils, Monthélie 2019 wasn’t showing up on the Burgundy Red Wines list, initially, although it did show up on the search filter for Pinot Noir. I eventually got round to alerting them, as I thought that others might miss it, if they were just checking the Burgundy list. They amended it very quickly.

1 Like

Mixed case of Fichet Vieilles Vignes 2017 and a selection of Benoit Moreau 2020 whites to reserves.

6 Likes

Link here

A case to reserves.

6 Likes

There’s a thread on r/wine [Reddit] inquiring on the effect that the hot summer will have in various wine regions. Given the Bordeaux 21 vintage woes that have been well documented, are people bringing forward wine expenditure to hoover up as much earlier vintages until they hit lint?

1 Like

Picked one of these up

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/2019-red-burgundy-case

5 Likes

Not really interested in Tondo anymore. Far too many disappointments.Abd Burgundy… Don’t even go there :slight_smile:

I bought the Ignacio Recabarren case. A Newton bJ Chard, and an Albariño (to give it another go, and to test out my belief that my fave Galician and Portuguese ones are better). A xinomavro from Karydas and another from Dalamara to try these two.

Thanking my lucky stars I went big on the As Regadas Galician red earlier in the year. Unquestionably my sub 20 quid wine of the year so far.

Add images

5 Likes

I bought previous vintages if the Pinot Noir and found it really decent with some ageing potential

2 Likes

A case of 6 Taylors 2017 Vintage Port so far, but got an eye on the Donnhoff/Prum EP to make up for a lack of Doisy Daene allocation in the Bordeaux EP

Thanks for the heads up - Ignacio Recabarren’s Pinot Noir was a fantastic wine in the 2015 vintage. Tempted by the mixed case to try his other wines too. A case of six PN to Reserves!

1 Like

Haven’t seen this at TWS before, but have had it whilst visiting Cahors a number of times. Have loved it previously https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/cahors-le-cedre-2019 6 → reserves. This, the burlotto and some burgundy means budget blown for August!

8 Likes

A few spoils of travel soon to be shipped home via Eurodisney. Hopefully most will complete the journey. Some useful halves.

15 Likes

I love a quick trip up the A1 to the Cellar showroom (when I can fit one in on a Saturday):

One more order planned, and then that will be the budget for the year completely exhausted.

11 Likes

Looks like that was a cheap round!! OOS - or perhaps not in the shop?

1 Like

They were in the fine wine room. Last one for the Maume, but still one Louis Jadot left behind. Not as eye watering as some of the other wines on display. And very much a special treat!

1 Like

Treated ourselves to the Chianti mixed case of 6 sent to reserves this week to rest.

2 Likes