01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What is in your basket [Nov - Dec 2019]

basket

Not a new game, but no less entertaining :grin:

Close, but it’s the red. I can only assume the distinctive top is the same on both.

Not a Gruner I’m afraid, you’d be advised to look at @szaki1974 's order here:

Yeah…I’d also placed my ‘last’ order until the 2009 Hermitage appeared… :rofl:

Ah… a blaufrankisch. Good choice.

Me too. The Christmas beer is coming from TWS now which is the pretext for a bottle of Hermitage to slip into the case

First lot just arrived…

I swear I could just sit and stroke them all day… :heart_eyes:

Mr Fed-Ex was really nice and friendly, but looking forward to Mr Society Van on Saturday, with lots of Alsace goodies… :+1:

Nice selection there Inbar, I have the red van of loveliness arriving later today with what was intended on being the final order before Xmas (TWS champers, 2009 Kanonkop and a bit of Pinot)…until the 2009 Hermitage appeared etc etc :wink:

Ha ha! yes, indeed! Thankfully, I managed to stop myself… we got to eat as well as drink sometimes!! :smiley:

These have all recently landed on my doorstep which I’m very excited about

Who needs food when you’ve got 2009 Hermitage…? :rofl:

Ah, yes! Perhaps that was the real meaning of ‘Man shall not live on bread alone’ in Deuteronomy.

What was it I said about having to eat as well as drink…? well I eat (or drink) my words.

An innocent shopping trip to Waitrose ended with a Guigal 2015 Brune et Blonde Côte-Rôtie (reduced from £39.99 to £29.99) and a 2017 Cave de Tain Crozes-Hermitage (reduced from £15.99 to £10!), which was recently recommended by Jancis - see here. The Guigal was the last on the shelf, or else I would have picked up at least one more.

I can see now why the other half begins to have panic attacks whenever I enter Waitrose… :thinking:

So there was no reason to order just 11 this year as the golden bottle lottery was last year. Have you already chugged number 12 down?

Your Order

The Society’s Exhibition Hermitage Rouge 2009 Code: RH34511In Stock
2 x Bottle(s) at £39.00 £78.00
Hidalgo Pastrana Manzanilla Pasada Code: SH341In Stock
1 x Bottle(s) at £11.95 £11.95
SUBTOTAL £89.95

Being part of this community is causing serious inflationary pressure on my wine habits :cry:

Good god, no! :blush:

But have no idea why I ordered 11 - other than I don’t usually think in bottle numbers - just buy what we fancy. It could equally have been 9 or 14.5

Some special (I hope!) bottles being delivered today. Some real indulgences in this order - only 1 I’ve ever tasted: the Zilliken which is now out of stock and was watching closely as stocks dwindled.

That’s a lovely order. Yes, I was watching the Zilliken trickle down to nothing, but had to divert the budget to a birth year wine for my son, which was also disappearing before my eyes:

Update from TWS just received by email:

Dear Mr Goldin

**Thank you for your recent order. **

Unfortunately we must advise that due to a stock discrepancy in our warehouse we are unable to fulfil your request for AU11421 Moss Wood Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 and GE12421 Weissburgunder Weingut Julg 2018. This is a very rare occurrence and unfortunately there is not a suitable substitute that we could offer.

We have therefore omitted these from your order and raised a credit amount of £55.95 onto your account. We trust this is acceptable but if not then please do let us know.

Thank you for placing your order with The Wine Society; we are sorry that we were unable to fulfil your entire request on this occasion.

Well - that rains on my parade…

I really dislike the claim that this is a “very rare occurrence” given that it is the third time it has happened to me in the past 2 years…

The Moss Wood was what actually prompted the order in the first place and I’m quite peeved…once again a ‘warning’ to this community; if you order a bin end get it delivered quickly before TWS resells it!

I cannot agree more with that point… and also the one to order low stock items for immediate delivery (not delayed delivery or reserves), as otherwise you have a good chance to be disappointed.

Yep agreed. Has happened to me twice also

I am also unsure what this exactly means…