01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

What is in your basket [May 2019]

basket

Just added half a case of the Bobal, and half a case of my favourite cheap and cheerful white:

Need some Rose now, looking forward to the summer offer.

First order for a while (excluding en primeur!). Went for a couple of the mixed cases from the case reductions offer - the French Classics, where I already know and like a number of the wines, and the Foodie Whites, where I only know one of them I think.

I’m taking delivery of my first two EP purchases this week - 2016 Essential Rhone Reds and 2017 Value White Burgundy. As a result I needed to pick up some everyday rack-fillers and couldn’t resist the multi-case discounts on offer at the moment. A case of Les Parcelles Chardonnay was a no-brainer, and I decided on the mixed case of reds (although I was sorely tempted by the Society Valpolicella Ripasso and Sicilian Reserve - both wines I really enjoy but not sure I’d really want a dozen).

Similar thoughts to me on the reds…I was tempted by the Sicilian which is a favourite, but have had two full cases of it in the last couple of years so went for the mixed French case instead. Want to see if the Corbieres is back on form after what I thought was an average 2015.

I’ll be collecting my order from the Showroom at the end of this month - which is a nice thought! :grinning:

A couple unusual wines that have caught my eye and have made their way to my basket are a Chinon Blanc:

And a Beaujolais Blanc:

A few other bottles I’m really looking forward to explore are the Frog’s Leap 2012 Zinfandel, Good old Oncle Vincent and Cava Conde de Haro from Muga.

Some old favourites too - The Society 2017 Vin d’Alsace (which, I suspect, is Hugel’s Gentil - a delicious wine we tried at a tasting there in April) and the wonderful 2018 Alvarinho from Anselmo Mendes

No doubt I will add a few more bottles when we’re there… :thinking:

I went to The Sampler at lunchtime today and this funny thing found it’s way to my basket…

blend of Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Arneis and Petit Manseng from Adelaide Hills… hope it is good :wink:

I’m pretty sure it’s been very recently reviewed in Decanter… can’t remember what the verdict was, though - but I guess you’ll decide for yourself! :wink:

https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles/wild-and-wilder-tabula-rasa-red-and-white

A Chinon Blanc, being a Chenin Blanc, from Chinon?! I had to read that description a couple of times to make sure :slight_smile:

It’s the lovliest tongue-twister there is! :grinning:

Maybe…

Ahhh… Brings back memories!
Have you got Zans for cans? You should! :wink::+1: