Somehow its almost September which I am sure is a mistake but as a chunk of the year has gone and we learn something everyday I thought it might be interesting to see what others have learnt/discovered this year so far.
For me its:
- Learning more about types of beer/ale to understand the sort I enjoy (darker stouts/porters rather than IPAs).
- The break even point on a new wine fridge (buy a good brand used and keep it full works out best).
- Certain Beaujolais wines can age and can move towards tasting of a Burgundy or Rhone.
- Rose is worth looking into more as its food friendly and a good halfway house between red and white.
- Not drinking wine during weekdays helps with weight loss.
- Buying fewer but better quality wines is the way to go.
- I need to be quicker to buy Domaine Pataille when it comes into stock.
- I need more white wines in my rack.
- I need an ETO decanter.
- Everyone on here is really friendly and helpful.
What about you?