01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What are you going to do today?

Hear, hear!

4 Likes

Feeling really unwell as our household got noravirus from the soon to be 2year old.
I don’t remember the last time I was so unwell.
Wouldn’t wish this to anyone. Hope others are having a great week

5 Likes

Oh that’s rubbish, very sorry to hear that. Hope you all feel a bit better soon.

2 Likes

Wishing you all a speedy recovery. Good luck!

1 Like

Oof - horrible illness. Hope you and family get well soon.

1 Like

I read that there’s a lot of it about in nurseries. Get well soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. We managed to avoid the norovirus our one year old picked up a couple of weeks ago with obsessive hand-washing, but seem to have immediately been hit with a coronavirus sucker punch. Awaiting tests at the moment.

2 Likes

That is horrible news. :open_mouth:
Hope that you turn the corner, sooner rather than later. :dragon:

Literally reading this post at 18.59 on the 20th

1 Like

Nurseries are viruses incubators.
Wishing you all the best

1 Like

Good luck with a swift recovery - those nursery viruses are no fun. Good to get them out of the way before school starts though. They hit you one way or another!

Oh god! Hope everyone recovers quickly …small children are vectors of viruses :microbe:.

2 Likes

Shame - come to the next one! It was an exceptional evening, will post details tomorrow

Jim

1 Like

I sometimes forget how much it pays to be up early!

14 Likes

Just one thing.
Postponed last year, due to Covid. :sob:
THE HUNDRED starts today on BBC2/SkyHundred Channel at 18:00. :clap:
It will be a fun watch for the stadium crowd and hopefully for us in our living rooms. :dragon:

1 Like

I will give The Hundred a view tonight. I am yet to be convinced by it but willing to give it a try :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Many said the same thing about T20 when it started. :dragon:

I say exactly the same thing about T20 to this day. Moral decline and the end of opening test batsmen can be traced to its inception.

4 Likes

I would track the moral decline back to Mrs Thatcher’s “ME, Me, me” and “Loadsamoney” generation of the 1980’s!! These days there is no constraint on “bad language” on TV, to the point where nothing is "Off the Table!!"
And as far as opening batsmen, Geoffrey Boycott was the nadir, a truly selfish batsman who was knighted in spite of a domestic abuse conviction.
Mrs May should be ashamed of herself. :dragon:

1 Like

I have a lot of time for Boycott.
I have no time got the 100
T20 is a slog fest
What could be better than Headingley 2019.