01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

What are you going to do today?

Tim
Thanks, but sadly for the many years I have watched England time and again they throw points away. Ask Matt Dawson.
I cannot assess whether it is a question of overcoaching. But I have seen England chuck away points and games because of penalties far too often

4 Likes

It’s official, England lead the way on penalties conceded and I think this is before today’s game

It’s not a surprise. Time to pick players with grey matter between the ears for a change. As Sam Wharburton said at full time, the watch word for England for the second half should have been no more penalties. Unfortunately they didn’t hear the ‘no’.

2 Likes

I rest my case…

1 Like

21k walk today. Saw flowering mistletoe.

17 Likes

Gorgeous photo! :heart_eyes::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, flyfishing for trout.A worm at one end

1 Like

Read Rishi Sunak’s comments and decided to pay all the duty/VAT on my reserves. Off out to breathe, shortly.

6 Likes

Is there really a thought that VAT will increase?

Probably not but who knows about duty? I just thought that it’s certainly not going down so why not bite the bullet…?

1 Like

I did the same a couple of days ago. Duty is only going one way this year. And now it’s done, it will hurt this month’s bank statement but the pain will pass and the pleasure of withdrawing completely free wine for years to come will make up for it!

Jim

2 Likes

And five miles with the dog took my mind off it, I can’t compete with @Brentw1’s lovely photo but we made a new ‘friend’

8 Likes

Look at his beautiful face! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Aspedini That’s a co-incidence. I did exactly the same a couple of days ago. It’s not going to go down, that’s for sure!

1 Like

Day 3 soil mound and rubble removed.

Something in the region of 8 tons removed over 3 days.

18 Likes

You have done very well!! :+1:
Perchance a decent Sunday dinner and a better bottle should be your reward. :wink: :dragon:

4 Likes

Enjoyed a long ramble through nearby Sherwood Forest yesterday - beautifully light in the glorious sunshine. Some of the stag-headed oaks have wonderful coloured trunks - reminded me of bands of rock in the Australian outback. The crocuses are from the garden - frequented by several grateful honey bees.

33 Likes

Lovely photos, thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Oh well, might as well. Just paid the duty and tax on c70% of my reserves. A big bill, but nothing compared to what is to come - 2018 and 2019 Bordeaux, 2019 White Burgundy, and worst of all, the excesses of 2019 Rhone!

2 Likes

We get all sorts in north London!

Jim

1 Like

Those are wonderful photographs!

2 Likes