01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Well that was nice (Chorey les Beaunes 2008)

christmas

I dawdled too long over this one and missed it. I was bit unsure about the vintage, I thought it might be a bit of a dry old stick. I shall console myself over the dozen from 2015/2016 I got en primeur.

None of my business I know but that looks like a very attractive cheese board and misty bottle of Nierpoort in the background. I might deduce a trip to Henry’s (aka The Butler’s wine cellar). Great shop and if only Henry would get his hair and beard sorted out I could wholeheartedly recommend it.

Hear, hear! One of the best in Sussex, in my humble opinion. I spend far too much time and money there… :grimacing:

Actually both the Burgundy and port were from the wine society. The Burgundy was a part of a mixed case of 6 older vintages. It was a bit of a punt but worth it.

As to Henry’s I am afraid I didn’t know the shop. A quick online search suggests it would be this: https://www.butlers-winecellar.co.uk/pages/about-us I’ve driven past it many times in the last 20 years but will make a pit stop next time I go past now.

Thanks for the intro!