01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Welcome to newcomers (Updated Tues 7th April 2020)

Hi everyone! :smiley:

In a recent email update to our members about the current Coronavirus situation, we recommended joining this Community so we can stay connected and entertain each other in the coming months - and there have already been many new signups.

Firstly: welcome, everyone! :wave:

We hope you enjoy using this Community as a way to discuss wine, food and more with your fellow Wine Society members.

Just a note - this isn’t a way of contacting Member Services. If you have a problem you’d like The Wine Society to respond to, please contact Member Services directly.

I’m the Community Manager, and our brand-new Community Coordinator is @Kelly. There are also various other Society staff who frequent this Community, including @Ewan and @martin_brown.

There’s also our lovely @Mentor group: @Leah, @Herbster @tom and @Inbar.

We’re all here to help, so don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions or need a hand. :slight_smile:

Places to get started

If you’re looking for a good place to start posting, try these:

Events coming up

Fancing joining us for a virtual wine tasting?
We’re hosting weekly virtual wine tastings on a variety of theme. This week, it’s sparkling wine:

We’ve also got lunch with our buyer @Freddy a week today - you can send questions in advance here:

AND we’ve also announced next week’s tasting - sweet and fortified wine (and cheese!):

There will also be more activities and events (including tastings!) announced shortly - for now, I’d love to know if you have any ideas for fun ways for us to pass the time, or themes for tastings, or any other ideas you may have for this Community. :smiley:

Other good topics to join in with

As well as all the usual wine chat, you’ve been brilliant at starting up new discussions about all kinds of things to keep yourselves entertained.

I’ll update this list regularly, but here’s some topics started in the last few days that might catch your eye:

12 Likes

Hi everyone,
Things have got busy around here, so I’ve just updated this with some other good topics that have got started in the last day or so, to help newcomers find some of the top content more easily!

3 Likes

Er!!!

see my post

CEO’s advice impossible

EDIT - Martin Brown is on the case