Weird and Wonderful labels

I am sure someone on here has had this Californian Red Wine (15.5% alc) before. The two pictures shown are of the same label that rolls all the way around the bottle. It was gifted to me. Anyone had any experience of it?

The wine is titled ‘Abstract’ 2020 Californian Red Wine bottled by Orin Swift Cellars. St Helena, California.

4 Likes

So where is the mandatory information on the label?

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of bottles of the 2017 that I haven’t opened yet, so familiar with it but can’t tell you how it tastes. Perhaps this is a timely reminder to try one :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a Californian Rhône-ish blend, usually Grenache, Syrah and Petite Sirah.

Orin Swift like unusual wine names and labels, this one obviously lives up to the name of the wine (the necessary info is on there somewhere, but I’d have to dig out a bottle to say exactly.

I’ve had a couple of their other wines and enjoyed them, the Palermo Cabernet Sauvignon and the Slander Pinot Noir (sadly I have none of the latter left, and it is neither cheap nor very environmentally friendly, coming in a very heavy bottle - it’s very good though).

1 Like

Their Mannequin Chardonnay label …slightly disturbing :flushed: :joy::rofl:.

4 Likes

Reminds me of Moorilla Muse series in Tasmania

1 Like

There’s no arm(s) in it?

Yep…. Plain weird :joy:.

I left a CT review about a bottle of Sleight of Hand where I was scathing about the label but complimentary about the wine, and which just elicited a response from the (unrepentant!) winemaker.