I don’t remember that I ever thought of weekend and midweek wines when I was working, and now I’m not working I certainly don’t. I just consider what I feel like drinking at the time. What do people think makes a midweek wine? Is it:
- A wine of which you’d drink one or just possibly two glasses and then lose interest.
- A wine with relatively low alcohol.
- A wine with relatively high alcohol.
- A wine which doesn’t need much thought or attention.
- Whatever’s left over from the weekend.
- Something else.
I try to buy wines that I think I’ll enjoy whenever I drink them so this midweek/weekend split intrigues me.