01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Website question for good memories

I seem to remember there used to be a section on TWS website showing new wines and/or recently available wines, but I can’t find it now. Does anybody else remember this? Is it still there somewhere, or has it gone?
It could just be my memory playing up but I’m sure there was something.

1 Like

Go to offers and it’s on the drop down over on the right in the ‘popular’ section. However as usual it’s not very reliable. It currently presents 15 new wines and there’s a lot more than that appeared in the last few days!

1 Like

Thanks Mike.

1 Like

The drop-downs are not very stable on my tablet for some reason. Sometimes they don’t appear at all, i.e. it goes straight from Offers to Latest Offers from TWS. Other times it just flashes up momentarily on the screen. I have to be quite persistent to get the drop-down to stay on the screen long enough to read it. A bit strange. That’s why I didn’t see it.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I find that if I hold the tablet in portrait, rather than landscape, position it’s much easier to view drop-down menus, and they don’t disappear. Not sure why this is the case, but worth a try?

If you touch the menu bar and don’t release immediately (until the right click box appears) then the menu usually stays.

Yes, that’s true, though I get another box of options first - open in new tab, open in incognito tab, copy link, etc - which I then have to get rid of. Not a big issue, just a bit irritating.

I suspect that maybe in portrait mode there’s just not enough horizontal space for the drop down menu. So it tries to move it left then falls off the left side, tries to move right and falls off the right side then gives up.

Or something like that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like