01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Warehouse 5 building works commence

Good to see TWS is not outsourcing this one… :wink:

22 Likes

@SteveF and Karen. Please do not hesitate to contact the TWS Community if you have any problems with the successful creation of Warehouse 5.
The Community have been invaluable helping to sort out the new website and will be happy to assist in any way we can to get Warehouse 5 ‘right first time’ :construction_worker_woman: :construction_worker_man:

19 Likes

It’s already too late for that. I can see from the angle of that (far too shiny) spade it’s going to fail. I’ll be emailing Member Services in the morning to complain.

9 Likes

It is not so much the angle than the grip…

5 Likes

‘something about not all members use the warehouse so should we have warehouses at all’

Or is this the warehouse to contain the whisky flipping detection squad

12 Likes

Hi viz jacket on a Monday? Someone’s been at Boris’ dressing up box !

5 Likes

Or, riffing on the En Primeur complaints, the size of warehouse 5 is wrong. It should have been offered in a different size.

Also, I think the society’s notes describes warehouse 5 as “located just outside the boundaries of the prestigious warehouse 3, offering a similar quality of wine storage for an unbeatable price”

14 Likes

Those don’t look like safety boots to me … as for the safety glasses… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Urrrgggghhhh that’s the same description they used for Warehouse 4, why can’t someone update the description from time to time to make sure it reflects the latest warehouse.

7 Likes

I still can’t see any reviews of the warehouse 5 plans, whichever browser I use.

5 Likes

The other thing that looks a bit strange is that you go in the entrance, along a very short corridor, and then come out of the exit. There doesn’t appear to be any way into the actual warehouse!

That spade won’t last long if they try to get it through that hard pan surface…

1 Like

This warehouse is over hyped already, there is no need for the posting on Twitter or this thread. I personally prefer the more traditional, already built, warehouses that actually have wine stored in them.

2 Likes

It will be a shiny red warehouse 5 won’t it? AND supply all those grumblers in the frozen north! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

All the below is in the public domain & freely available: For the construction geeks, here is Warehouse No.4 detail

https://www.vincent-gorbing.co.uk/architecture/the-wine-society

For warehouse No.5 (& 6) See link below - lots of detail. On Stevenage borough council planning portal as part of warehouse No.4’s application in 2014, ref: 14/00053/FPM. Slow to load, lots to see. Perhaps not as pretty as Wh No.4.

https://publicaccess.stevenage.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=N07JEIPH07E00

1 Like

Actually it will be shiny red ! (in parts)

2 Likes

Wow, quite a thorough submission.

Should be fun times filling up this monster. Looking at the increasing sizes of the warehouses tells a very clear story.

I knew it! :innocent:

1 Like

As is the planning in advance: application was in 2014. I’m guessing you will be able to see it from the trainline ?

This was a previous application and not built ! The new application was in 2019, due to start in 20 and now started in 21 - held up due to Covid. The new warehouse is taller and redder. We have time-lapse cameras and will keep members updated once it starts to rise from the ground.

13 Likes