01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Unmixed cases

So… TWS is open for (limited) service - unmixed cases only.

Is anyone planning on placing an order?

In no way a criticism of the policy, but I am aware the the good folk of the forum rarely place such an order (or rarely post on it in the ‘whats in my basket’ threads), preferring - as I do - to ‘mix it up’. Life’s too short / too many wines not to!

So, it strikes me that this is s good time to flush out peoples 11/10 drinking wines.

The question is, are you willing to share the knowledge…?

2 Likes

Well, @Taffy-on-Tour ordered all the Guigal CdR 2016 halves…

Suspect the 24 half cases of Xinomavro Jeune Vignes wont last long either.

And there’s absolutely no Lugana by Ca Dei Frati either

1 Like

I often (almost always) buy unbroken cases of 6 and, sometimes 12.

2 Likes

Guilty as charged…

2 Likes

In wooden boxes though?

2 Likes

Guilty as charged also!:joy::see_no_evil:

I absolutely love that wine :persevere:

4 Likes

Yep, me too. Along with a case of Society’s Stellenbosch Chenin - needed 6 friendly everyday whites and that’ll do nicely

1 Like

I went in for a six-pack of the Xinomavro as been meaning to try it for ages.

Mildly annoying, a tenner below the £75 for free delivery so have sent to reserves (normally would just top up with a bottle or two, in this instance perhaps the bigger brother, but I have no need for another full case of wine as well just to get free delivery…)

3 Likes

I did the same. The whites that I might have bought were all cases of 12.

3 Likes

I rarely, if ever, buy mixed cases. In fact I rarely buy in less than dozens - ie proper cases. You can never have too much of a good thing.

2 Likes

Also jumped on the Thymiopoulos bandwagon (I really do like the 2018). If there were really 24 6 packs to begin with, they must be almost gone.

2 Likes

It does seem slightly ridiculous that (if I understand the rules correctly) sending it to reserves then home incurs no charge, when sending it directly home does. In practice would go for a larger reserves withdrawal under normal rules, but at the moment…

1 Like

No, there were 24 *6 packs when I wrote the reply 40 minutes ago. Now only 20!

1 Like

But as I understand it at least 5 of us claim to have ordered since!

Not sure if all the ordering has happened since my post, or just 11.5 seconds after the reopening was announced…

1 Like

Yeah I got mine this afternoon!

1 Like

Make that 17 now.

I was off the blocks early today… confirmation email received at 13.10.

I put it in reserves purely because I had no idea how to add it to the list of existing reserves I am withdrawing…which are unlikely to fit in the Climadiff anyway unless I drink heroically in the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

I suspected as much, but doubt you’re the only one :star_struck:

As was I :wink:

2 Likes