01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

#TWSTaste: Festive Fine Wine, Thursday 5th Dec 8-9pm

twstaste

Yes, mineral as well!

Very tasty. Delivers on the promise of the bouquet for me, though Mr JayKay less impressed. Vague hint of a spritz on the finish. Or just sherbet :lemon:

Am definitely getting the clementine/Satsuma - looks like we are building up to a fruit cocktail!

This is a really well-balanced example of a grape that I think can be too aromatic/Turkish delight-loaded or too watery and bland. Generous fruit and nice weight to it but flinty too and finishes nice and fresh.

Evening all - lying on the sofa dosed up and not drinking, but here’s what Matthew Jukes made of this wine last weekend:
“ The Malagouzia grape is native to Greece and yet it is still relatively rare and so I jumped at the chance to feature this beautiful example. Highly perfumed with green melon and lime zest and guava notes and then cut with searingly bright acidity this is a white-knuckle wine with immense charm and character. Give it a whirl with salmon en croûte!”

Yes! I was worried it would be too in-ya-face but this is more restrained without losing oomph! Very, verrrrry easy to drink. I’ve just scrolled up to remind myself of the % and it’s 12 so a good lighter option during a very heavy/rich season’s eatings!

Anyone eating food with this tonight?!

Not sure that I know what guava tastes like?

Saving the haggis for the zin…

About to have trout fillet, new pots and stir fry Pakistan Choi. Will maybe have a taste with that to see how it goes.

“A guava fruit is said to taste like a combination between a pear and a strawberry. They act as a really good thirst quencher. The pulp inside may taste sweet or sour depending on the ripeness of the fruit. Some sweet varieties are fragrant and taste like grapefruit and pear together.”

Just love predictive text. Make that Pak Choi!

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: That sounds delish. I reckon this could go nicely with some kind of stir-fry element - we’ve having Christmas party canapes and it’s going really nicely with chicken katsu bites!

Ta - can I have a pic?

Oh goodness! I thought I’d been terribly ignorant of Pak Choi’s full name for a moment there…

Oh no! Missed the first tasting getting dinner out the oven! Palate is a lot more forthcoming. All the same fruit as the nose but juicier. Bit more flinty and the acidity is just enough to bring it together. Not as bracing as I was expecting!

Apparently this is a match for sprouts - what do you all think?! And who wants to give it a mark out of 10 before we move onto the red in a moment? :grinning:

Yep - never had that. I was thinking of something different.

Solid 7.