You may have seen we sadly had to cancel our Battle of the Bottles tasting, but we’re going to be putting your wine nominations to the test in a very special #twstaste instead!
Battle of the Bottles: 22nd November
When: Thursday 22nd November from 8 to 9pm
If you’re new to TWS Taste/feel like a refresher, have a read of this topic which explains what it’s all about.
The two bottles we’ll be trying this time were nominated by YOU, our Community members, in the Battle of the Bottles’ Wildcard category, looking for your best-value bottles in our range.
We’ve narrowed down your recommendations to two very different options!
Here’s what we’ll be tasting:
Red, nominated by @Russ!
Sherry - nominated by @Kent_wino!
Fancy taking part? Add a bottle of each of these wines to your next order and make sure it arrives before 22nd November, and join us here at 8pm to taste along. Feel free to cook up a matching dinner or invite some friends around to join in!
Who’s in this time?
- I’ll be there!
- I hope I can make it…
- I’m not free this time
Hope to see you there!
Ah! shame! I’ll be visiting my family in Israel- flying on the 22nd… I’ll definitely read the thread afterwards, though. Both bottles look great!
As you’ve picked my wine I’ll have to be there. Can’t remember when I did it, but its a cracking wine.
I should be able to make it and Nebbiolo is a grape I’m not very familiar with. I’ll probably skip the sherry as that’s another ‘style’ I’m not a huge lover of. And something that I again may need to look into at a later date.
A very fine choice and I absolutely agree. Looking forward to this one!
Unfortunately we will be in Madeira for the week.
I have ordered the bottles though and will try them after we come back.
Right, I’ve ordered the wine for both the next 2 #twstaste. I’m in for both
I also added a bag of salted roasted Marcona almonds to my shopping list for food pairing…
Hoping to be there, with my OH too. We are both looking forward to what will be our first virtual wine tasting… We might have to hold hands before jumping in
Hooray! It’s going to be a good one, I reckon. And we’re just about to announce details of the December one too…
And the wines for December will be …?
Sorry! Had a slight delay finalising the red - bit of a stock issue! Will update you VERY shortly!
Okay, I’m in! Just ordered them, should be arriving in plenty of time. I’m looking forward to seeing what the lady of the house makes of dry sherry - as I don’t think she’s yet had the joy - and I fancy the look of that Vajra. I need more nebbiolo in my life, been neglecting it for some years now.
Sadly I will no longer be able to make it. We have had to pull taking our staff out for a Christmas dinner forward into November and the only practical date we can make is the 22nd
The reasons for bringing it forward are entirely my fault. I mentioned elsewhere that last January I did a voyage on the Lord Nelson, a charity run three-masted tall ship, and in spring I did volunteer maintenance work on the ship in Southampton. Now, as they are short of crew for a voyage from Gibraltar to the Canaries in the first two weeks of December, they have offered free places on this voyage to the volunteers. Just too good an opportunity to miss but has rather put the cat amongst the pigeons at work as well as messing up this tasting.
I’ll be sad to miss this one too! But will be on my way to Israel, to surprise my madre with a visit for her 70th birthday.
I’ll be definitely joining the December one, though, and will be reading the November thread to get your opinions about both wines!
That reminds me @laura… where are the wines for the December do?
Should be around for this one, though will have more than half an eye on the NFL Thanksgiving games.
Had the Langhe Nebbiolo before but more than happy to taste again! Still haven’t really worked out if and/or which type(s) I like when it comes to Sherry so hoping this one from @Kent_wino will help this journey of discovery…
This is something I’m hoping to finalise today! Basically, we’re hoping we can taste a particular red, but we’re not sure it’ll be in stock in time so we’ve been going back-and-forth behind the scenes trying to find out. We do have a backup idea, so if I can’t finalise when the red is due in today, I’ll just go for that! Will announce this PM…