01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

#TWS Taste [29 Nov 2017]; Christmas Cheer

christmas
twstaste

Welcome to the TWS Taste conversation and tasting. These are occasional social events where members of The Society’s Community get together to share wines in a ‘virtual tasting’.

The threads for each wine tasted during the event can be found here, but read on to know more about the event:

ORIGINAL THREAD:

We will be tasting a couple of wines together and exchanging views, tasting notes, food matches and maybe even some Christmas cracker puns. If you have the wines, please join in. If you don’t have them, read on and buy them, and you can still leave a comment to continue the conversation in future.

Tonight’s festivities kick off at 7pm and we will be tasting:

The conversation will all happen in this thread, with useful information, opportunities to share thoughts and reactions to the wines and even some votes. In a few days we will create records for each wine separately that will be useful to members of the community. Check out our previous threads by searching the #twstaste tag.

So, … we kick off shortly. Ready your corkscrews

Pazo de Villarei Albariño 2016
The Society's Exhibition Fleurie 2016

I’m here and ready! :grinning: I feel like I should have a cracker hat on… :christmas_tree:

Ready too ! Fairy lights around my neck :joy::laughing:

I’m here too. Anyone else lurking behind the tree or up the chimney?

Leighton Buzzard are here. #TWStaste

I’m ready too. Wife ready too

Welcome everyone! OK, we are about to kick off so have the Albariño, a glass and a cracker or two to hand

64 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pazo de Villarei Albariño 2016

Pazo de Villarei Albariño 2016

Ready as well in south Wales

Brighton checking in…

Ok, time to move on to the red. I was fortunate enough to spend 3 days in Beaujolais with Toby Morrhall last year, before he handed the region over to Tim Sykes. I love the area, and I love the wines.

that’s the point of the community as a whole - we get a chance to think, and plan, what we are drinking and really make the most of it.

so glad you are enjoying them :slight_smile:

Next time I’ll have to plan the evening meal around the wine better - tonight’s bolognese suddenly seems a bit out of place!

You never know, the Fleurie might be a surprise food match!

75 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Society’s Exhibition Fleurie 2016

@Laura. Stupid question but how do you get the original question to appear with your reply?

@Alan if you highlight the bit of text you want to ‘quote’, it will say ‘quote’ above it, and if you click that it will open the ‘reply’ box with your chosen quotation already there! :smiley:

You highlight the text and a little box comes up saying “quote”

Yay! It worked.

So, our last minute, post-tasting poll …

Which was your favourite wine of the night?

• Pazo de Villarie Albariño
  • Exhibition Fleurie

0 voters