01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

TWS Spanish promotion mailing

This mailing came today. Have to comment positively on the photography. Now to look carefully at the wines. Any recommendations?

2 Likes

Here is the link…

1 Like

Here are a few from me, for what they’re worth…

Whites:

One of my favourite recent whites! Complex and moreish.

The star of the latest #twstaste :smiley:

Reds:

A delicious Navarra Garnacha. Elegant and juicy- an excellent value for money in my opinion.

Not a bad example of a Mencia - light, with crunchy red fruit and a bright acidity. Probably better with food (I only had it without).

And a really interesting, unexpected one - which wowed me in the June press tasting is this:

A Basque version of a late-harvest Gros Manseng. SO much better, and with more interesting flavour and length than a Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh!

1 Like

Agree with you on those I’ve tasted…especially the Auzells, wow. The Bierzo wines are often forgotten and can be overpriced, but there are many jewels to be found. And I was delighted to see Abel Mendoza’s Rioja alta Grano a Grano. (full disclosure: he’s a good friend).

Just bought Pepe Mendoza’s new Alicante blend personally. Pepe (and his dad Enrique) have been supplying excellent QPR for many years now. There is plenty of other good stuff, but I buy most of my Spanish wine from Spain.