01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Tuscany Vineyard Recommendations

Hi all

We have booked a very last minute trip to Tuscany, leaving on Sunday :slight_smile:

I’m after the community’s collective wisdom on any vineyard visits they may recommend? We are staying in Volterra, so closer to Bolgheri than Chianti, but will consider anywhere in the region.

Thanks in advance !

3 Likes

Might be worth looking for vineyards in the proximal end of Chianti to where you are e.g. in the colli senese (I can’t think of specific producers) or just into the Classico zone (e.g. Castellare is 1hr from Volterra). You also have Vernaccia di San Gimignano close by for whites

Also just to say I love Volterra, you must visit the art gallery which has some stunning paintings by Rosso Fiorentino. The town is really lovely to walk around in the evening.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed a visit to Michele Satta. Personally served with wine and meats from one of his friends.

1 Like

I’ve visited Tuscany for wine visits on 3 occasions now - fond memories of tasting / visits at Verazzano, Vicchiomaggio, Badia a Coltibuono, Isola e Elena, di Volpaia, di Brolio… but there are so many many more; you can’t go wrong really.

It’s like the toothpaste and shampoo aisles in supermarkets.

And you’ll be very close to San Gimignano, which is a must-visit - plus Vernaccia di San Gimignano was the first Italian DOCG back in 1994.

2 Likes