01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Top varieties (and blends) in your cellar

I probably need to start doing that. The central rack has started overflowing into the right hand wine rack.

My largest type by a long mile is vintage port, with Cockburn’s 1963 in the lead, with about five dozen.
In second place is Van Zeller 1983, with about two dozen.

4 Likes

You are looking in great shape. Have you been working out? Lost weight?

But really, well done on having such a beautiful stash of Cockburn. I adore the light almost tawny quality of old Cockburn. So much more finesse than those heavier brews. Mind you I think that quite a few 63s feel on a downslope to me.

2 Likes

Damn, this has put me on the job of updating my CT inventory… 3 days later :sweat: I am happy to refresh the numbers / proportions :grimacing:

30% Northern Rhone Syrah (viognier blends included … lots of magnums there cause birth year)
20% Burgundy Pinot Noir
13% Vintage Port Blend
9% Southern Rhone blend (from South Rhone only. Bunch of magnums in there as well)
6.7% Burgundy Chardonnay
5% Nebbiolo (Barolo)

and the shock at the number of bottles I have accumulated … :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:
Need to slow down the purchases…

3 Likes

12 degrees Celsius

Joining this thread a few days late; here is my list:

Top 16…I went so far down to make an observation

16th is Sauvignon Blanc

However I’d say that 1 in 5 bottles I drink is SB - so how does that work?

What’s in your cellar is not what you actually drink…in fact the opposite - its what you don’t drink!

12 Likes

Don’t think you’re breaking any lockdown rules at all. Surely it’s about support for others and keeping some sort of sanity. It’s a great idea!

1 Like

Thanks Gary, it is great fun and has changed the way I am thinking about wine. I am shit at it though!

Why? Why? Extra why put in because WS software demands that i have at least 5 chracters in a reply.

2 Likes