01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Toast to Boris!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I certainly can not.

But Merry Christmas to you.

10 Likes

Merry Christmas - but a bit provocative, and not really what this place is about don’t you think?

13 Likes

Toasting Boris. Terrific idea, let me find my toasting fork…

29 Likes

I was genuinely surprised that a Brexit deal happened with such alacrity after the French shut the border earlier in the week… :rofl:

8 Likes

Oven ready turkey!

6 Likes

Our slightly lesser version of "The Donald!!"
And I would wager that he wishes that he had similar pardoning powers.
If he did, then I might speculate that he would be busier than his Orange Septuagenarian, Follicly Challenged as well as Science Denying pal across the pond.
I can guess what may have happened to evoke this thread.
I have just seen “off” some friends that I have been entertaining, so I surmise a catch-up is in order. :open_mouth: :dragon:

4 Likes

As someone who worked for Erasmus, something worth far more to the uk economy than fish, he can go **** himself

21 Likes

I am pleased there is a deal compared to no deal, which would have been a disaster.
I applaud those on both sides, many of whom we’ll never be aware of, for working long hours over many months to specify the fine detail which enables this agreement.
However, Boris and Cameron are not to be thanked. The former is a chancer and the latter should never have got us into this position. Time will tell what extra inefficiencies we’ve now built into our economy in the name of ‘Sovereignty’.

Merry Christmas to you - I hope you enjoy some delicious wines, as we all hope to do.

23 Likes

Thank you! :point_up:

10 Likes

There was me thinking that this was a wine community not a place for blatant trolling, I’d drink a toast to civilised wine discussion in 2021 and less little Englander drivel

27 Likes

I think the flare-ups from all that dripping would make this quite challenging

12 Likes

Oh dear, oh dear! So very sad!

“From cane reeds, sugar. From a worm’s cocoon, silk. Be patient if you can, and from sour grapes will come something sweet.” ~ Rumi

I prefer Camus…

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.

Accept most of the rules within 5, rejoin in say 10?

7 Likes

I thought Ursula VdL comments were poignant, moving, balanced and perhaps now as a chapter closes we are in smoother seas for a while.

4 Likes

I think it is fair to say the the UK was never a core country of the EU and a few countries (the Netherlands, Belguim, the Visagrad 4) relied upon the UK to put their head over the parapet and object to further integration.

Now the path is open to full financial and political integration - will the EU go for it? It will be fascinating to watch.

2 Likes

Now that it’s finally done I hope Johnson takes the opportunity to get rid of some of the underperforming ministers in his cabinet. Valuing belief in Brexit over competence has not worked well.

12 Likes

So… no tariffs on wine (have I got that right?) - same as before. Tremendous achievement, it isn’t easy to go round in circles for several years at huge expense to the tax payer, and arrive exactly where one started.

11 Likes

In fact, as far as wine is concerned, in a worse position, especially if you are an exporter.

4 Likes