01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Thirsty Thursday [17th May 2018]

Is this the Marlborough Pinot Noir or the Portuguese Momo?

It is from Spain

Yes, sorry, this one:

It looks like something worth the try.

@robert_mcintosh can edit it into your post… not sure how you copy links on the iPad.

2 Likes

It is a lovely wine - very bold and good value.

Robert has already been in touch, thank you.

I have been a member for a few years and only just found this area via the latest Society News. I am sure I will get used to it!

4 Likes

That is for sure, we have all been in your shoes.

2 Likes

Welcome. If you are feeling so bold, feel free to introduce yourself here.

3 Likes

I’m having my leftover Morellino that I was going to have last night until I got sidetracked by multiple beers :thinking:

Nice with pizza.

2 Likes

Thank you I have just clicked on the link you have provided and will do so…just need to think what to write…

3 Likes

Well, over here in Brighthelmstone the dry night turned rather wet! Came back from supervision and decided it was time we opened that bottle of Cremant du Jura from Aldi, to celebrate hubby’s submission of final assignment for this year. So it’s all gone… And fabulous it was too! Fresh and zesty with lemon and pear skin aromas and citrus fruit on the palate. Lively acidity too. A snip at £7.99!
https://www.aldi.co.uk/exquisite-cremant-du-jura/p/004711000727200
Hope you’re all having a good evening! :+1:

4 Likes

I have one in the fridge begging to be opened over the weekend :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t leave it begging for too long… :wink:

1 Like

It’s just not polite …

4 Likes

Oh, and here’s something I’ve been dipping in and out of since the weekend. At £6 for a half bottle it’s pretty nifty:

Tesco Finest Dessert Semillon 2014 (De Bortoli)

[sorry, link is for the 2013 - couldn’t find the 2014 anywhere on their website]

I grabbed one off the shelf the other day on a whim - and because of the producer, I guess. I don’t know if it’s offcuts from Noble One or separately bought-in grapes or what, but it’s very good and made me think of things like honey, dried apricots, lemon curd (or was it marmalade…?) and those little chunks of stem ginger that you can buy in jars preserved in syrup. Plus, there’s a good blast of acidity to keep all the sweetness in check, which doesn’t always seem to happen at this price level.

Doesn’t last forever once opened, mind you - after a few days it’s starting to remind me of long-life apple juice - which of course is only maybe a quid for a whole litre.

But next time I’m at that end of town, I’m going to get a few more, as it’s been a nice little evening treat every now and again.

3 Likes

Serendipity! We enjoyed the very same one last week! :+1: Husband couldn’t believe it was only £6!
Totally agree about apricot, honey and especially stem ginger! :ok_hand:
Went gorgeously with the left over gorgonzola. Quite a nice little find! :grin:

2 Likes

It’s great, isn’t it @Inbar !

Done what to jars?? That sentence didn’t work at all.

It’s been a long shift today, and I only properly sat down a few minutes ago … that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.

1 Like

Well, I’m no better, as I read it as “I had a long shit day”…!!! :flushed:

2 Likes

That stuff was made to go with fish and chips. Honest.

2 Likes

I can imagine that!
Just told hubby that and he said “don’t tell me. It cuts through the fat…” . He’s becoming a bit dismissive of my wisdom, methinks!! :grimacing:

4 Likes

Well, yeah, one of those as well! :clinking_glasses:

Surely not!
Well, I hope that Musar cheered you up a little. At least its nose :wink:

1 Like