01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

They Didn't Like It…

Not on mine with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge, or Brave, it doesn’t particularly bother me, but should have been sorted by now as should the signing in saga.
As an example a company I deal with a lot with a bigger infantry, in another field, has just put up a new website, a couple of hitches one serious, all fixed in 48 hours?

3 Likes

Ouch

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/saint-joseph-rouge-clos-florentin-domaine-chave-2018

Weekly reminder that some of us still can’t see reviews, and no one at WS seems to care.

3 Likes

I can’t read reviews either on my desktop or tablet. Have rarely been able to since the website changed, and not going to be bothered changing browser or similar every time.

A step back with this on new website I’m afraid.

5 Likes

Regardless of who can read the review, the reviewers are wholly reviewing on the basis of cost of the bottle I.e £200+ and not the contents!!! :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Agreed, they don’t have to buy it and that price seems to be just lower than most UK vendors. It’s a bit silly to demand the buyer be sacked just because they don’t like the price.

Doesn’t bother me; I’m not going to be buying anything at that price anyway!! :rofl:

4 Likes

This is is interesting - I’ve read the review on a previous occasion, but when I click on the link above I can’t see it today. ISTR that I saw it on my computer, but am now using my phone.

It’s bizarre. I can see reviews on Microsoft Edge at work, but not Chrome. I think I can see reviews on Chrome at home, but not Firefox (though I might have that backwards), but definitely can’t see any reviews on Safari on my phone, but can on Chrome…
In case anyone else is curious…

7 Likes

Some people are just rude :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Complaining that the W/S is selling a wine cheaper than other sources is ridiculous. I’d never dream of spending that sort of money, but if the W/S has members who do then its no skin off my nose that they do stock such wines.
Its a fairly harmless way for wealthy people to spend their wonga!

14 Likes

The last review has a very specific tasting note! (From Vivino)

4 Likes

Quite like the simple, direct first one!

3 Likes

It’s the final sentence that makes it for me!

And he’s wrong … it’s full bodied :sweat_smile:!

1 Like

I quite liked this review I stumbled upon recently for this Chianti Colli Senesi Riserva, Coppiole, Bichi Borghesi 2016

24 Likes

Excellent! :grin::clap:

Glad I’m not the only one matching my rage and my wine. Usually the wine dampens the rage, but sometimes the opposite occurs.

10 Likes

The strawberries were wild too

7 Likes

This is brilliant :star_struck: :joy::joy::joy::joy:! Properly laughed out loud :rofl:!!

3 Likes

I can’t stop laughing! My wife has just tried to have a serious conversation with me about our son and I was unable to keep a straight face.

7 Likes

If the Duke of York and Boris were a 4 ball golf pair, who would you send out against them?