01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

They DID like it

I know many of you have enjoyed posting some of the less favourable reviews you’ve found and discussing them/the wine involved, so I thought it might also be nice to share particulary fun/entertaining GOOD reviews we find.

My colleague @JO4WINE just shared this one with me, from a previous vintage of the Viognier Grès du Trias, posted back in May this year, which made me smile:

“As the kids say, this is bangin’. A really generous drop of wine; but not flabby or over perfumed as viognier can sometimes be. This holds itself together like a politician on Paxman, but fortunately it’s palatable and honest. I love a big rounded white that’s got enough acidity to keep it delicious and drinkable. Absolutely delicious and great value.”

I’ve spied some brilliant reviews from some Community regulars too in the past, so I’m sure there’ll be some of those we’d very much enjoy reading! :smile:

22 Likes

The lady who posted this review has come up with a number of real crackers in recent months. Always entertaining, I’m sure she’ll feature on this thread again.

1 Like

“yummy” That’s all I need
3 Likes

Another one just sent my way from a colleague that enjoyed it:

"A frothy, unctuous delight. One day, I may even buy enough to bathe in. "

Short, sweet and to the point! :smiley:

5 Likes

This reminds me of @leah’s hilarious - nay, gushing! - review of the 2015 Rapsani:

6 Likes

Ah yes, this is one I’d been looking for but I couldn’t remember which wine it was for! :rofl: ‘Baptise your children in it’ was a particular favourite.

3 Likes

Yep! A great line… Though problematic for us Jews :smile:

7 Likes

I know the comment recommending bathing in wine was said tongue in cheek, (a tricky manoeuvre for an imbiber), but I am a little bit uneasy about it. Many community members are impressionable and this could be the reason that wine is selling out all of a sudden. Wine I want to buy! I am also dreading photographic evidence being posted on a what did you bathe in today thread.

10 Likes

Ha ha! Well, I limit myself to bathing in milk, a la Cleopatra - so nothing to fear from me :+1:

5 Likes

Hope the latest review refers to the style and not the nose. :grinning:

7 Likes

Haha! Love the shoe analogy, what a clever way of getting the point across in an accessible way.

1 Like