It’s La Grande Boucle again! Here we are - 3 weeks of wonderful scenery, wonderful commentary (if you watch ITV4) and (on the boring stages) the best cycle gossip from visiting ex-pros.
What will there be this year?
- Crazed weather events (hailstones, world-ending rain, heat stroke)?
- ‘Outstanding’ and totally-not-due-to-doping performances and veiled mutterings?
- Another team than Sky Ineos winnning?
- Insane crashes in the early stages with a twitchy peleton?
- AG2R now with Citroën and NOT IN BROWN AND BLUE!!
- People actually nostalgic for AG2R La Mondiale colours??
Three weeks, of letting emails pile up, watching your loved ones faces mist over as you talk about the day’s break and that amazing crash and that crazy decent and who’s on GC, and finding that you’ve developed bedsores as you watch both the live coverage, the edited highlights etc.
And… what wine will you drink to calm down?