01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

The Summer Edit

Seems as though the summer wine list is upon us. I imagine it will be in the post soon.

4 Likes

Nice one, was just trying to find the PDF

1 Like

Thanks for the share. Uh oh, new vintage of exhibition Chenin Blanc on the first page.

6 Likes

I’m in for the Chenin! Loved last year’s version and hoping its on a par.

1 Like

Which one of us will buy it all first?

1 Like

Well, stock levels are impossible to determine at the moment, but buying it all would be quite the big move.

2 Likes

Probably you :rofl:

2 Likes

Exhibition langhe nebbiolo sounds interesting

2 Likes

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly you all find these! :laughing:

The offer launches properly online today so there’ll be lots more info on the website later. :smiley:

It is! One I can’t wait to try. And as it’s a new Society-label wine, it’s got a special introductory bottle price for a limited time to tempt you to try it…

4 Likes

Some lovely wines on the list, and have started a new ‘basket’ with quite a number of them.

Nice to see Nerofino’s Teroldego/Lagrein blend again, and amongst some that caught my eye were the Ksara old vines Carignan, the Maruxa Godello (enjoyed their Mencia very much), the Fonte do Ouro from the Dão and the Iona Chardonnay - but plenty more interesting ones there that have made it to the basket :+1:

3 Likes

Oh dear, my willpower to not place any further orders for the next 12 months has just flown out of the window :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks @laura, another bottle added to my Friday delivery. Poor Member Services have now had to make 4 changes to the original order :roll_eyes:

The description seems to have dropped off this item though,

The Summer Edit pdf reads
This classy, perfumed red comes from Bierzo in north-east Spain and the mencía grape (with a small amount of other native grapes). Lighter in body and more restrained compared to traditional Spanish styles – think of it as the country’s answer to Burgundy! Drink now to 2023. 13.5%

3 Likes