01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

The Society reopens

If the Society reopened for business tomorrow, which wines WOULD you order immediately, for delivery?
Not a Wishlist with a diamond encrusted debit/credit card, but an honest indication of where you would trample a path to. :grinning:

4 Likes

Good, honest, straightforward drinking pinot noir, hopefully.

8 Likes

Having drunk my only Northern Rhone in stock, I’d like something Northern Rhone at around a £30-50 bracket (if they have any at the moment, open to suggestions and happy for a little price creep if it’s really spectacular). I’d promised myself something in a similar price bracket from Northern Italy for my birthday too.

I’d probably also pick up some Conde de Haro fizz and Vinos del Viento Cariñena Rosado to make use of the lovely weather.

7 Likes

Me

Côtes-du-Rhône Rouge, Guigal 2016

Bottles and halves

One case of each.
I am terrified of the Society running out of this one, so good is it!!

6 Likes

I could have sworn that was £12.95 when I bought a few bottles prior to lockdown…

3 Likes

Willrcwyatt, you know what, you are right. A Covid-19 premium, perhaps?

1 Like

I did think 12.95 was pretty cheap considering Sonoma Pinot prices!

3 Likes

{cough} Tesco sell it too

1 Like

One of the best rosé’s I’ve tried in a very long time. Criminally cheap at £10.95. I also think it’d age better than we’re suggesting… I’ll be mopping some up asap as well!

5 Likes

So much this:

An obvious choice, but justifiably so

16 Likes

I’ll be putting a case of halves immediately in reserve, for the autumn. It’s been in my basket for weeks :smiley:

4 Likes

Realising how little sparkling I have, I am likely to go for one of these:

Have bought previous iterations, and they really are excellent value!

Also thinking of withdrawing a few cases from reserves, as have some space in the wine fridges…

7 Likes

I’ve already got a few bottles locked (quite literally, mostly from myself) away for that reason. There’s easily enough structure there for it to keep going.

4 Likes

Ditto

3 Likes

Eyeing a mixed case of:

Barolo Roggeri, Ciabot Berton 2010

Dogliani, Luigi Einaudi 2018

Villard Grand Vin Le Pinot Noir Casablanca 2018

Vasse Felix Filius Margaret River Chardonnay 2018

Celler del Roure Cullerot Blanco, Valencia 2018

Koyle Reserve Rosado Flor de Laberinto 2019

6 Likes

I would have a go at this Clusel-Roch Cote Rotie 2009.

My Chateau de Montlys 2009 is currently “drinking like a train!!:wink:,” so I have no reason to think that this one might not be performing similarly. And it is happily priced in the middle of your price bracket!

3 Likes

Excellent, thank you. That’ll be going in my basket as soon as we’re allowed. Possibly along with

as the my Northern Italian option

4 Likes

@szaki1974

Vinous 85/100 with the caveat of being a tannic brute (my words, not theirs!!)
But from the one Members review, would have appeared to have metamorphosed.
With an $80 price tag, this may well be a big bargain.:grinning:
Well spotted, Sir!!

2 Likes

Lambrusco… LOTS of it!

11 Likes

Now that is an excellent shout!

2 Likes