01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Rhône Rangers

I tried the 2017 Maison Blanche in Jan this year, and while no formal TNs, I remember being very impressed with the quality. Certainly ready, as in enjoyable, but will develop/change over the years. I will certainly let some sleep for a decade as I love aged marsanne.

1 Like

Agree totally, this wine needs some time. I am still keeping my 2014s back a bit longer as marsanne blends really benefit from bottle age.

2 Likes

Great, thanks @Leah . I think I’ve seen your positive reviews about it before which may have influenced my decision to bid for some in the 2019 EP offer! I’ve tried the Voge Fleur du Crussol, which I love and I would guess is quite similar to the Tunnel Prestige.

1 Like

Yes, I’m in no hurry , probably won’t touch another 2016 until the end of this year again .

I bought some in the recent Rhone EP campaign so looking forward to it when it’s ready for drinking :star_struck:.

2 Likes

Morning all, does anyone know if we often see the following on the main list?

Maison les Alexandrins Saint-Joseph

A friend was particularly taken with a glass recently and I remember seeing it on recent EP offers

I’ve found it elsewhere but it’s way more expensive!

I think it was on the list in the last couple of weeks but sadly sold within a few days .

1 Like

I see big case discounts are now being applied to Jaboulet Petit Chapelle and Les Jalets again.

1 Like

I really should stop coming to the community, my bank balance can’t take this!!!

Thanks for the heads up, looks like there are few other discounts today as well. Some special, some everyday.

6 Likes

In a related not Stefan Neumann MS recently posted a tasting note of the Chave Selection Saint Joseph Blanc 2018. TWS gives it 2020-25 but I’d have thought it needed a couple more years? Thoughts? (other than “you have six of them, get a couple out of bed and try one!”)

2 Likes

Definitely good to go. Big, fat and oily. Low acid. Will last until 2025 but I don’t think it will improve. I’ve had 2 already of my 6.

3 Likes

So have I and I agree with you…

1 Like

If one is feeling flush, just swing by here and that will quickly change. Guaranteed.

1 Like

So I see. I think I’d be a bit miffed if I’d bought a case in-between those two offers!

2 Likes

The PJA La Chapelle is back to the £35 per bottle bargain price, that so many of us snaffled - first time round. :clap: :clap:
If you missed out, might I suggest that you stock up this time.
My plan involves one bottle, per festive season.
But if like me, you had been assembling a Rhone++ Cellar forever; you may be able to have comparative tastings that can be great fun. :dragon:

1 Like

I have just started drinking one petite chapelle 2013 today.
Dark ink coloured, typical bacon/earthy and dark fruit nose. On the palate, bacon/cured meat and blueberry, plum with oaky notes. Extremely drinkable already, smooth tannins.

15 Likes

Delighted for the TN!! :clap:
We rarely get a ready to drink Hermitage on the website.
For those who have never tasted one, have a go - very unlikely you will be disappointed. :dragon:

1 Like

Planning on doing the same thing, 6 purchased today for storage in cellars so I fancy opening one of the bottles I purchased on Vivino. It’s not sunny enough for the Rose I had planned

2 Likes

@Taffy-on-Tour may I ask for your views on how long to decant first?

Pretty much same as me: I have 6 in reserves from the previous promotion, bought a few bottles from Vivino delivered to home, and that’s why I am happy to open one with 8y of age, to see how it tastes, and then keep on following how the wine evolves, bottle by bottle, year after year

Ps: I did not decant :grin:

3 Likes

You & me too!