01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

The Rhône Rangers

I bought one of these for Christmas… all good… there was indeed an odd one out (the PJ Villa) which was the best of the lot… so good that I immediately ordered a 6 pack and acquired some 19 in the recent EP!

1 Like

Out of stock already

Happy to be the outler here but although I haven’t had the 2010 Germine, the 2005 isn’t fully into its stride yet so I certainly wouldn’t expect a great deal of complexity yet but the Duclaux brothers make seriously good( if not quite Premier league) CR’s, so I’d definitely recommend buying and cellaring some of those in such a great year. Jaboulet’s wines aren’t for me, I’m afraid. Too many other small, high quality domaines in every AOC which I’d buy every time over the PJA alternatives- Rousset’s Picaudieres for a Crozes, for example.

6 Likes

Those who went for this from TWS (£85 per 6) did well as another merchant is offering it £18 ib.

4 Likes

The 2018 Picaudieres was available on the Rhone Remainder List just before last Christmas.
£80 IB per six for an almost 4.5* J L-L rated Crozes, was a bargain. :+1: :dragon:

I have a few Exhibition wines coming - the Crozes 2015 and Gigondas 2016. How have people found these? I’ve never had the Gigondas before, and the last vintage of the Crozes I had was 2006, I was amazed to discover, according to my notes I thought it was great.

I imagine the Crozes is ready to go but I wonder if I should hang onto the Gigondas for a while.

Jim

I’m through 5 out of 12 of the Crozes, it’s great but needs a good bit of air for the farmyard smell to blow off. When it does it’s lovely, nicely balanced but still a bit structured for me to enjoy without food. Certainly no rush to drink up. Hope you enjoy, I’d be interested how you find it.

2 Likes

I’ve been drinking some 2016 Gigondas for a while now, and definitely good to go. If I remember correctly the Exhibition Gigondas comes from St Cosme and will be suitable for earlier drinking. I’m sure it would keep for a while yet, but starting to be good now I would think.

3 Likes

Great to see the ‘15 Exhibition Crozes has popped up again, like a dear old friend you never expected to bump into. It’s a terrific food wine and, having drunk my ‘last’ bottle about a month ago, I can now order some more!

2 Likes

Are you sure i cant see it…??

Looks like its gone already - was on yesterday pm and first thing this morning :sob::sob:

What’s this?

[https://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/ProductDetail.aspx?pd=RH60081]

5 Likes

So the Clos des Cazaux mentioned on the Zoom tasting is not the Bin series… that’s my bet gone.

2 Likes

Mine too… Darn it

1 Like

Thanks for the headsup…!!

Don’t know if this is newly added, but this could be something for this Christmas.

5 Likes

But given that Clos des Cazaux made it, it should be a lovely bottle. It is £2 per bottle LESS THAN the current Guigal CdR, which is great value. Some might get sniffy that it is NV, so what I say!! We have had a rake of very, very good Southern Rhone vintages and from a pre-eminent S Rhone Domaine we ignore it - at our peril!! :open_mouth: :rofl:
I cannot wait to taste it. :+1: :dragon:

7 Likes

There seems to be more than 100 cases - I currently have £5,700 worth in my basket! Think I’d better empty it, quick.

2 Likes

:shushing_face:

2 Likes

We have been asked NOT TO post such information. :dragon: