01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Italian Inquirer

Based on '17 going up despite not being '16, I’d guess “more”. Some of the Brunello pricing 16-17 pricing was flat, so I hope they at least consider that/

2 Likes

I’d imagine fairly in line with 2017. Wine prices in these in demand regions will never go down.

2 Likes

Ordered this especially for a dinner on Saturday, only for guests to message today to say that they have tested positive for COVID and can’t come. Unsure whether to save it for another time or drown my sorrows!

8 Likes

I’d be tempted to open it Saturday lunch and follow the bottle over the weekend to yourself.

5 Likes

Just had my first visit here and it really is remarkable! Highly recommended and do go if you can.

5 Likes

I can happily be a guest !

1 Like

It’s a shame these are in 12s
https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/chianti-rufina-riserva-villa-di-vetrice-2015

2 Likes

not any more, can buy by the bottle

1 Like

You can add 6 to reserves no problem

1 Like

I think the reference was to the fact that it was on offer but only in cases of 12. It’s actually rather strange that it no longer seems to be on offer since it still comes up when you go to Buy - Offers - Supplier Supported Case Savings where it is still listed but, apparently, with no savings. @Kelly any thoughts?

2 Likes

Ah, right. Yes I didn’t register that if you bought 12 it works out at £11.90/btl as like you say, it’s not obviously apparent at first glance.

1 Like

Yes that’s what’s odd as it originally was displayed in the normal offer way with a line through the original price and the new price in red beside it, as are all the other bottles in that offer. Most peculiar!

1 Like

Hi @MikeFranklin , unfortunately this is due to a glitch on the website! The saving for this wine isn’t showing in red, but there is a saving on the case of 12 rather than by the bottle. This has been fed back to our team and they are working on a fix, but I’m not sure when they might be able to get it updated - I will keep you informed if I hear/see anything!

1 Like

Just arrived
https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/barolo-bussia-silvano-bolmida-2010

5 Likes

It’s come round again…

I bought a bottle in July 2020. Not drunk it yet, due to a bit of trepidation of the power of 2010.

5 Likes

It would be rude not to get a few to try

1 Like

Yeah, I bought two around the same time. Drank one straight away and it was gorgeous but as you can imagine still plenty of grunt there, so I’m holding the other bottle back a few more years if I can. It certainly won’t disappoint.

4 Likes

Has anyone broached a bottle of this one yet? I’m keen to try but definitely want it to be in the calmed tannins rather absolute brute phase.

Any views on Barolo Prapó from Ceretto? Have no idea of the producer.

No idea either I’m afraid - I take it you’ve done the once-around-CT for due diligence? A couple of tasters I follow describe them as ‘a bit modern’. But I have nothing else.

Edit: Someone made a comment on one of the threads I have open on another forum of a tasting they attended with Walter Speller of the 2013 Barbarescos. Apparently his words were ‘theres been a dramatic turnaround at the winery’. (The poster didn’t necessarily agree from the tasting note, by the way.)