01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

The Italian Inquirer

Montestefano the pick of those, for me.

1 Like

Did you see the Langhe mixed case appear last night??

2 Likes

If you mean this one, then no and thanks. Duly purchased and only two cases left!

I have had the Paolo Conterno before and, in fact, it’s the wine that persuaded me to explore Italian wines further. Very accessible and a great introduction to this region. Thanks for highlighting it.

3 Likes

No, and all gone now.:frowning:

But thank you for pointing this out.

1 Like

I wonder how many cases were offered?

When I first posted it in the other thread, there were only 22.

1 Like

First I missed the 2016 Nebbiolo case, now I appear to have missed a three-vintage Flaccianello case :cry:

Yes, and given the demand, odd it’s been reduced by £20.

1 Like

gone already!

there was just one case or two, probably someone no longer had any use for it

2 Likes

It does look like someones wine has just appeared and been snapped up, with a single case of Thalbert and this.

2 Likes

Phew - it’s ok, I already have 4 of these cases in reserves. :grin:

I remember that specific case from a few Christmasses back.

1 Like

Was it the 13/14/15 one? I bought three of those :grinning:

Yes, it was 13/14/15.

Hoping someone here can help. I know nothing Barolo, and have acquired a bottle of GB Burlotti Acclivi 2011. Is it any good? Is it a glugger for pizza/spag bol or a sipper to enjoy with a good cut of meat? Should it be drunk now or can it be kept? Can’t find much info on t’internet.

2 Likes

Lucky you. I’ve not had any wines from that grower, but I know they are very well-regarded on these pages. I’d say not a glugger, though you might not be able to stop sipping once you start!

I think 2011 is a relatively early-drinking vintage, though will probably last for a little while to come. There are many others more experiencced in Barolo who will be able to give you better advice on drinking dates, opening times and decanting etc. but I hope you really enjoy it when you decide to open.

2 Likes

just out of interest, has anyone else had their order of the 2016 Nebbiolo case cancelled, or am I the only lucky one?

I also had my order cancelled. So at least 2 of us.

Me too. Ho hum