01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

The Italian Inquirer

Interesting. He generally scores Castello di Verduno quite lowly (is that the correct way of saying it?) for which I am eternally grateful :grinning:

2 Likes

Happy memories of a day spent learning to cook at Castello Verduno last October. Unfortunately we didn’t get to taste the wine, the winery is run separately I believe.

6 Likes

They used to. I bought the Planeta Cometa a few years ago. It was the wine that made me fall for fiano.

Just checked my order history, it was 2017.

1 Like

Oh my, this was so good. I don’t think there is a chance that I’ll be able to hold off another 3 or 4 months never mind 3 or 4 years.

I may have to order another 6 bottles before they are sold out. :thinking:

2 Likes

59 magnums

4 Likes

This belongs in a museum.

17 Likes

The @willrcwyatt Nebbiolo Museum?

1 Like

Well, it really should be in the @Brocklehurstj Nebbiolo museum. Like the Elgin marbles, however, I suspect it will stay where it is

3 Likes

If there’s another lockdown I’ll put a different bottle of Nebbiolo in each room with a printed piece about that wine next to it.

That way I can go from room to room and drink each wine and pretend I’m on some sort of cultural excursion.

9 Likes

Thanks for the preview. I bought the same collection though am keeping in reserves so I can drink through the rest of my TWS deliveries and then order more before the ones I like are out of stock😁

2 Likes

Always a good plan! I won’t touch these for at least a decade but I’ll enjoy periodically having a long look at them.

3 Likes

I completely understand! They are beautiful and deserve to be coveted😁

1 Like

That is gorgeous. I’m going to have to pull mine out of reserves.

Just to stare lovingly at it for a few years. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Really loved the boxed ciders on the background.

1 Like

For a bonfire night party! So I’ve obviously had to do a quality control check first.

NB - said bonfire night party is for work contacts only and we will be discussing purely business related topics.

7 Likes

Couple of bottles of 2013 Barolos, just appeared. Someone sent them back I assume.

3 Likes

But what we REALLY want to know is how is the “Santa Cider” drinking ? :joy:

1 Like

I had the Exhibition 2013 in my Mystery Case. It’s actually drinking really well right now, so I am wishing I’d seen this before I made my TWS order this morning.

Good point. I should have clarified, the Society doesn’t carry anything from Planeta anymore.

Like you, I remember seeing and maybe even buying their wines from the list. Maybe @Sarah can shed some light on why TWS has stopped carrying their range?

1 Like

Re Mazzei mix36
Copied from the weekend thread

1 Like