01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Italian Inquirer

Interesting! I’ve not tried a Chianti Colli Senesi yet… hmmmmm!

1 Like

Is 14.5% normal for Chianti? I had it in my head it was more usual at 13 or 13.5%, but I have no idea why I think that!

I’m not sure. A quick scan through the TWS range suggests a few 13-13.5 and rather more 14-14.5 but that’s all I have to work on. Quite possibly the same warming problems as elsewhere. I have noticed a few higher altitude Chiantis being promoted as becoming more popular with global warming.

1 Like

Anybody had the Langhe Nebbiolo, Anselma 2016 it has 2 dire reviews any positivity out there ???

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Me too
Initially here:

And a bit later, here:

1 Like

Cheers

Looking for a bottle for tonight.
Found this one.
Looking at Parker, I am annoyed at myself for buying it.
But looking at Sarah’s TN, it should be very good.
Cellartracker unhelpful! :open_mouth:
All comments welcome.

3 Likes

Was good when I had a bottle a few months ago, ready to drink too!

A few notes here:

1 Like

@Brocklehurstj @NickFoster

Thank you both.
It either performs or I will open something else - not looking for taking a 3 day prisoner! :wink: :dragon:

2 Likes

I’d wager it’ll be good. His basic Nebiollo 2014 was fab a week or two ago.

Thanks.
If the Bolmida is not up to the job. this is my 1st substitute. :dragon:

The Bolmida was non-expressive on opening, and over 6 hours like a sulky adolescent, steadfastly refused to engage.
This morning, as last evening had not budged at all. The kitchen sink was it’s fate, no more than it deserved. There was little discernible fruit on the palate and on the nose, as dead as the proverbial Dodo.
I blame myself, at that price what was I thinking?? :open_mouth:
The range of members TN’s should have set alarm bells ringing. :sob:
A Jekyll & Hyde bottling, with the 2 extremes on show and the flip of a coin differentiating.
And because I gave the bottle plenty of time, I didn’t get to the Thalabert 2005. :cry: :dragon:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, I had a delicious bottle a few months ago but sounds like quite a few have disappointed

2 Likes

Interesting to read your thoughts on this one, Taffy. We opened a bottle of this last Xmas, and while - for our tastes - it did eventually give us something reasonably good a few nights after opening, I’d say all things considered we were more underwhelmed than anything else.

With that little bit more knowledge I have now of Barolos from time spent & questions asked on here, and researching a purchase of “proper” Full Monty Barolo/s based on that, I can see it was a bit of a risk at its price probably, given the usual prices of these things. I’ve since bought a few bottles of Full Monty Barolos so I can understand them better and get some “reference points” for them in my head & taste, but have yet to open one. I want a quiet contemplative time to do it, but try finding that with a 5-year-old in the house :~}

I’ve still got one of these Bolmida ones hidden away somewhere in the wine fridge, and won’t be opening it for a while yet to see if that helps it find itself a bit more / become less surly. Or in fact I may even hunt it down and see if the WS will take it back.

4 Likes

Bad luck mine was pretty good especially considering the price.

3 Likes

Thanks to @Furryshark on the Bordeaux thread for pointing out these tastings.
Have bought the following Fonterutoli one. Looks good value compared to recent Wine Society packs. Twice the wine and £45 voucher if you want to buy anything afterwards.
Castello di Fonterutoli Virtual Wine Tasting with Mazzei Export Manager Dario Pennino 23rd September 2021 (nickollsandperks.co.uk)

1 Like

OMG
Spanking new to the list. I was waiting for this beauty to land. Case to reserves, thanks.

9 Likes

Ta for the tip off, but also drat as I was planning to hold off purchasing for a bit but can’t miss this.

1 Like