01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The hardest week of my life

Hi to my wine friends who I have enjoyed discussing a hobby I have shared with the love of my life Katie.

Katie was born with a congenital hear defect and had surgery in the 70’s. On Monday she went in for what was meant to be a fairly routine heart valve replacement postponed from September.

They found that her heart was so badly damaged that it took more than twelve hours surgery on Tuesday. I visited her the next day and later she got worse and has emergency surgery again on Wednesday evening. The surgeon thought that she wouldn’t survive but she is clinging on there. She is a fighter that I’m so proud of.
Little change in her condition since then, people have gathered around me and have been very supportive. Sorry for sharing something so dark in what always has been a happy bit of light relief for me (and I’m sure everyone here).
Katie was frequently amused by the posts and I feel she almost knew you guys as well.
I have to prepare for the worst but cling on to hope whilst she’s still here with us.

Katie passed early evening on Friday 3rd December.

67 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you both.

3 Likes

Sounds impossibly hard, try to stay as positive as you can, for you as well as her.

3 Likes

Thoughts are with you both @NickFoster

Keep fighting Katie!

2 Likes

My thoughts are with you both at such a difficult time.

2 Likes

My thoughts are with you and Katie. Stay strong!

2 Likes

Thoughts with you Nick, hoping Katie will pull through.

2 Likes

I’m so, so sorry to hear this Nick. Our thoughts and sincere best wishes are with you and Katie.

2 Likes

I cannot begin to imagine what you and Katie are going through. I can only hope and pray that you will be strengthened by the love and prayers of the friends in this community.

3 Likes

Really sorry to hear this, my thoughts with you too

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, obviously you’ll be very much in my thoughts too. Healing vibes and best wishes to both of you.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine what you’re going through, @NickFoster! :worried: I hope you have support around you to give you strength. I cross my fingers that the darkest hour is just before dawn, as they say, and that Katie and you come out of this darkness very soon! :pray:
Thinking of you! :heart_decoration:

4 Likes

Dear @NickFoster, we are sending all the healing vibes we can round up straight to Katie. Thank you for sharing with us and look after yourself.

2 Likes

@NickFoster - thinking of you & Katie, and sending our love.

2 Likes

@NickFoster - thanks for sharing. I can’t say any better than what has already been said. We’re rooting for Katie.

2 Likes

No need to be sorry at all Nick, I wish Katie and you all the best in these difficult times. Let’s hope that there are some more posts on here that can put a smile on both your faces, even in such challenging circumstances.

2 Likes

Nick, I sincerely hope that things improve, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this Nick. Sending all our best thoughts to you both.

4 Likes

Hi Nick,

Firstly, there’s no need to apologise for sharing. Wine is what brings us together but we are all humans and experience our individual ups and downs. I hope your writing, the outpouring of support you get, and the knowledge that everyone who replies is rooting for you both will give you strength, a lift, a smile or whatever you need at this time.

Wishing you both all the best in the hours, days, weeks, and months ahead. What you are going through must be unbelievable. I hope with everything I have that Katie comes through.

Matt

6 Likes

Wishing you both all the best.

2 Likes