01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

The (Greek) Wine Society

There was an email earlier in the year stating that the discount for collecting from Stevenage is being discontinued. I cannot find the email, but it is discussed here:

3 Likes

Back to Greek Wines for a moment.

With spring officially starting, I’d like to bring to your attention a wine that I’ve mentioned before on this thread: Rose de Xinomavro by Thymiopoulos. A wine you want to try in your lifetime.

12 Likes

Are we going to see the 2019/20 on the list at some stage in the next month or 2?

Agreed that’s a fantastic pink. Xinomavro does makes interesting rose wine, also enjoy the Kyr Yianni Akakies (and the fizzy version too)

3 Likes

Just to clarify. The shop prices are exactly the same as the online prices, except for the “bin-end” shelves which were pretty much the bottles that now go in the mystery cases, i.e. damaged labels, etc.

The 25 pence per bottle discount was only for wines ordered in advance so was effectively the removal of the delivery cost from the price. It was not a discount on bottles you bought in the shop.

3 Likes

How was it tasting? We’ll be releasing the 2019 in our Greek offer in May as well as another rather special rosé… :zipper_mouth_face:

10 Likes

That’s exciting! @horsleym, can we expect anything by Papaioannou in the May offer? Have just enjoyed a lovely Agiorgitiko that was deliciously drinkable.

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:?!? You can’t leave us hanging like that for two months with no juicy revelation… There might be stern questions on Monday evening at the Greek tasting :face_with_monocle:

Where’s @annaspooner when you need her (Clos des Cazaux NV, just saying)?

2 Likes

Haha. Matthew has better self-control than I do :wink:

Have you spotted that the NV has now been launched ready to order?
Clos des Cazaux, Vin de France, Non-Vintage - Bestsellers - Popular - Offers - The Wine Society

Thanks,
Anna

4 Likes

I certainly have. I ordered one to try on my last delivery, but I know lots of other members here have picked some up too.

It’s been a bit tricky trying to balance the budget for regular orders against the flood of EP orders recently so day-to-day drinking orders have been somewhat reduced. I look forward to trying it though,

Greek offer in May, eh? That’s useful to know…

1 Like

Well, like no other Rose. It’s got so much character, no? I drank a bit too chilled in the beginning, but once it warmed up a bit then all that splendid fruit came to the fore.

3 Likes

My guess…

4 Likes

It does look rather special :yum:

2 Likes

Not for this offer, sadly but i’ll keep an eye out for them as can’t say I’ve tried their wines before.

It’s a really exciting offer with some really great mixed cases so can’t wait to get them out for members!

Cheers

4 Likes

No worries. It was this if you fancy a try!

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I think the estate (and preferably old vines) is a substantial step up for not that much extra money (at least for the estate). They also have a more expensive “Mikroklima” bottling that I want to try. But certainly an excellent Nemea producer.

2 Likes

Incidentally, Wine and Greene have a 25%-off bin-ends sale this weekend. No wines I know to recommend, but enough interesting-looking Greek wines to pique my interest enough for me to buy several.

3 Likes

A Rosé and new vintage of the red Liatiko is available now. I might take a punt on the Rosé.

6 Likes