My Guacamole recipe:

2 Ripe Avocados
2 red chillis
2-3 cloves of Garlic
handful of cherry tomatoes
bunch of fresh coriander
juice of 1 lime

Throw it all in a blender and blitz.
Hey presto the best Guacamole you’ll ever taste :wink:.
It is VERY spicy so you can alter the chilli/Garlic ratio.
If you use a hand blender it keeps it slightly more chunky which is nice , but if you want a smooth lump free version use a ninja/nutrabullet style blender.

Favourite wine (or food) related books?
Recipes for wine lovers - WIKI

Salmon mousse dip
Purchase black peppered hot smoked salmon fillets.
(the best I find come from fish mongers, but all the supermarkets also do them)
Juice of half a lemon
Low fat cream cheese
Pop it all in a blender and whizz.
Voilá the best salmon mousse .
Extremely quick and easy and great with carrot sticks , celery any or pitta.

However, I prefer mushy peas.
But you can add chilli and garlic to vary their appeal!!

Ooh, the salmon mousse! :heart_eyes: I feel like I should always have a tub of this in the fridge for late-night healthy(ish!) snacking!

Love that both of these recipes are pretty healthy too - any other healthy dip ideas would be amazing!

Dill Dip

Very quick and easy again using a blender:
Bunch of dill
Couple of Tbsp of low fat mayo
Greek Yogurt
Chuck it in the blender and whizz it up.
(Not as fancy as a Tzatziki but tastes good)

Jalapeno Dip

Blend together:
Greek Yogurt and Jarred Jalapenos.
Very simple , you can vary the “heat” by the amount of Jalapenos used.

Very popular at BBQs on burgers :wink:

We swear by this mackerel pate (OK, not quite a ‘dip’ but works the same). Somehow we always end up with excess smoked mackerel when we cook a dish that involves it, and this is one fab way to use it. Yum! :yum:

We just inherited a Nutri Bullet… so these recipes are very well timed. Thanks @Leah

Happy dipping @Leah

Fabulous thanks you @onlyawino. I will be trying this over the weekend for sure.

I know it is not a dip.,. but add yogurt and voila…

Cobnut and kale pesto

I am sipping some exquisite Bourgogne Aoogoté, made from 100% Doré the wine maker tells me, while assembling the pesto. It is Sunday afternoon, the rest of the family sound asleep.

50g Kale leaves, used the stalks in a soup
50g fresh cobnuts, shelled these before they went to sleep, found that my pestle and mortar are the best tool for the shelling job
2 garlic cloves
50g of cold pressed rapeseed oil
50g of aged (crumbly) caerphilly cheese - and a few slices to help the Aligoté along
generous pinch of salt
few turns of the pepper mill
2 reluctant pinches of sugar, I found it works well in pesto for bitterer (slightly bitter) leaves

Blitz, when they wake up and most probably add more oil… I prefer blitzing with kale due to the ‘strings’ that may remain. For softer herbs and leaves (such as basil and radish) I use my pestle and mortar.

Enjoy with gnocchi, it is British baking potato season.

To be honest, I have no clue of wine pairing… Palo Cortado?

Maybe a Pecorino?

made some home made green tagliatelle for the pesto and pan fried a leg of venison steak… then accompanied with a glass of New World Bordeaux blend (Cabernet led) … heaven

To wander (as I am always susceptible ) from the subject, my 2yo grandson likes brown dip (brown sauce) and red dip(tomato sauce)…we are aware of the high salt/ sugar in some proprietary sauces. :innocent::+1:

Kale !!! My granddad would have said “Eee lad, kale is fer fettlin cattle…”

Do you share this view?

I’ve not tried it myself…but it’s a faddy food, so I have no qualms in dismissing it in short order !
I only hope it’s not as good as the green outer leaves of Savoy cabbage …steamed and finished with best butter and black pepper.

I like to juice Kale :grimacing:!! Very healthy .

May I ask you why ?