01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

The Bordeaux Browsers

This seems like a good deal for something with a bit of age (2010): https://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/ProductDetail.aspx?pd=CM17731

Has anybody tried it? It has at least one v. positive WS review to its name.

2 Likes

I got a couple of bottles 18 months ago, but sadly I can’t help as I haven’t opened them yet. They are on my radar for opening the first sometime soon but not quite yet!

Thanks Mike. I’ve taken a punt on a single bottle so will report back. I recall they were on sale last year before Christmas but the stock disappeared before I had a chance to get any.

Yes I got a couple of '15 last November. Console yourself with the knowledge that '16 is meant to be a slightly better year than '15! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Mike,
Treated the home cellar to 3 bottles, delivery Nov 7th so time to find slots.
Will have to keep my temptations to try early in check :cry:

2 Likes

Here’s a lovely Pomerol just popped up, though a little patience might be called for!

Some Pauillac with considerable age and variety of sizes also just appeared

https://www.thewinesociety.com/searchProducts.aspx?q=Fonbadet&hPP=15&idx=products

2 Likes

I assume they’ll be in a vertical case?

1 Like

Very likely

1 Like

Those seem like extraordinarily low prices for such age? "Recorked at the property in 2020. "

1 Like

I take that as a positive.

3 Likes

One of those is a birth year wine. Jeez, there are some tempting bottles appearing! :grimacing:

1 Like

Thanks very much for posting! Very limited edition - only 20 cases of 6 bottles of each. I’ve compiled my own 12 bottle case of the older ones and stuck in reserves. I’m sure this won’t last long!

2 Likes

What does these days…? :thinking:

2 Likes

Likewise. It’s better to seek forgiveness than ask permission, right? :grimacing:

One each of the Fonbadet '73, '76, '81, '84 and '95 plus one of these…

and six of these to make up the 12 in a Pauillac case.

7 of the 12 will be shared with friends at Pauillac vertical tasting evening.

6 Likes

Definitely! The Ulysse was showing out of stock earlier so now I am compelled to add a little case to reserves too!

3 Likes

Birth year wines for both me and my brother in there… so would be rude not to

3 Likes

Was tempted to try one, but not sure. Possibly more of a curiosity set rather than pleasure? Great for anniversaries / birth years etc.

Some alternate sources of the Fonbadet, for further exploration of the vertical. 1997 1985 at 39 EUR. No idea on the relative vintage / quality

Le Marquis de Calon - Hi @MikeFranklin did I read somewhere that you had recently drunk a 2012 of. this wine?

It was a 2010 which was excellent and I have a 2012 in the rack (and 2019 EP on order).

1 Like