01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Tasting and Film Screening with Michael Seresin

This afternoon I’ve been organising a special tasting and film screening with iconic cinematographger and winery owner Michael Seresin.

The general plan is to have a casual tasting of the Seresin wines with accompanying nibbles before screening one of Michael’s films in a private cinema (with a glass of wine and cheese plate). Following the film there will be a Q&A with Michael about his careers in both the film and wine industries.

The question I have is, which film do we show?

• Midnight Express
  • Angel Heart
  • Birdy
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Fame

0 voters

Would value your input.

Magical Mystery Tour, surely?

I will see if I can update the poll… @laura any tips??

The shortlist was just what Michael’s daughter Leah and I came up with this afternoon. We decided that Gravity and some of his more recent films may not suit the cinema we will be using but always open to suggestions. A full list of Michael’s films can be seen here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Seresin

Bugsy Malone would be my choice :wink:

Also a great call!

I must say, I can’t reconcile the idea of enjoying Seresin’s lovely wine with watching Midnight Express, though!! :scream:

Sorry I didn’t catch this in time, but can’t edit poll options after it’s been live for 5 minutes+! But I guess people could ‘vote’ for that option by ‘liking’ @Bargainbob’s post?! :smiley:

I’m putting my money on Fame - a classic!!!